Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My 7,000th post

Article about: Well, 7,000 times you lot have had to read my drivel ... ( now 7001 ) over 10 & a half years on the forum!! Hope at least 50% of what I wrote was mildly interesting - I know I've learnt

Default My 7,000th post

Well, 7,000 times you lot have had to read my drivel ... ( now 7001 ) over 10 & a half years on the forum!!

Hope at least 50% of what I wrote was mildly interesting - I know I've learnt a lot in this hobby this time around ( I did it for 5 years back in the 80's but no internet then so it was ONLY shows, antique shops and dealers ) How things have changed!

The WWW and the ( sad ) demise of veterans bringing long forgotten choice items onto the market. Despite what some say, the prices today really aren't that bad - certainly for the lower end items - I do remember zeltbahns were $100 Australian back in 1988 - they may only be double that now ( same for EK2s ... not really that much of an increase ) ... although higher end finds always appreciate in value more ( supply & demand )

I do remember my dearest finding out I had spent HALF the weeks earnings on a silver close combat clasp!!! ...... I had to take it back to the shop or face divorce. ( seriously - my manly jewels were at risk of torso separation )

Anyway, I'm CERTAINLY not as prolific a poster as some, and while I am no longer actively collecting, I am still having fun!

Cheers & beers to you all!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Mate, you are part of the furniture now.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Mate, you are part of the furniture now.
    +1!!!

Funny, humble, and thankful. A model for us all.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well done Dan. And noticed Michael you are 20k+ too!

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Well done Dan. And noticed Michael you are 20k+ too!
    Michael joined 6.3 years ago and that means he averaged 10 posts per day....every day!!

MAP........you gotta get a life....sheez!!

Congratulations Dan! Glad you survived it all in one piece!

Andy

Ive got a few bumps & bruises over the decade but yes, all said its been an enjoyable time.

Looking forward to 7.000 more!

Regards,
    MG.

Congrats Dan, it's lucky that the forum has you , 'on side' !
    Regards
    Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Michael joined 6.3 years ago and that means he averaged 10 posts per day....every day!!

MAP........you gotta get a life....sheez!!
    I know...ROFL. It's my mental exercise. Every morning I wake up and say "10 more....10 just need 10 more".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast