Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question on Armband Reference book

Article about: I was not sure where to ask but here it is. I am helping a gun show friend of mine selling his reference book collection as he does not own or operate a computer. I ran across this book on G

Default Question on Armband Reference book

I was not sure where to ask but here it is. I am helping a gun show friend of mine selling his reference book collection as he does not own or operate a computer. I ran across this book on German Armbands. Is this a reliable reference book worth me to buy from him? I tried looking this book up and it seems like this title is blocked by Google and the others. Even the author is hard to find. I am not sure why this would be so.
    All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    John

Question on Armband Reference book

Bump. Help please.
    John

Hi John,
    You are correct, searches turned up very little on this publication, or the author.
    Can you show some of the images in the book, it might help to evaluate it.
    Is there a publisher's name, or an ISBN number?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for the reply. I will do the next time I go to his shop. I am going through to list Approximately 80+ reference books. Mostly on US firearms but some German headgear & daggers, Japanese, Walther pistols. A lot of good material.
    John

?

I also tried to find it on Amazon, Same result's Not A thing for the Title or Author!
    When you go back can you also look for the published date?

Semper F
    Phil

I guess were are back towards burning books; at least from the web. It is strange. Either very few printed or really bad. It was strange doing a search and the results had nothing to do with German arms. Pink ponies and other nonsense.
    John

No luck here John,,

Can't find any information on it..

I searched Abe books and found nothing....

Must have only printed a few copies,, I would suspect this is a 60's 70's book??

Smitty

Thank you for looking. I will provide some additional details on the book when I go back to his shop and list all of the books.
    John

John,

Thanks..

I can never have enough reference books.. Will be interesting to see what your friend will have sitting on his shelves..

Best regards and stay safe

Smitty

I am not surprised it doesn't show up.

It has the look of a very small print run of the type often referred to as a "pamphlet" and is almost certainly a private publication.

Not all books have an ISBN as it isn't mandatory and is at the discretion of the publisher (I think there might even be a cost implication to it as well?).

To me it also looks like a very early '60s document maybe even '50s and the ISBN sytem devised in 1966 only became "mainstream" in about 1970 I think. The precursor was the SBN or Standard Book Number (the I is for International) but if I recall correctly it only appeared around the mid '60s.

I would hazzard a guess that any subsequent search engine interrogations will lead back to this thread!

I imagine that the chances of finding another copy are on the slim side but it would be good to get a look at the contents.

As an aside; the only thing I discovered on the name is that a Nicholas NOTARO is a convicted murderer serving life in the US. I doubt it is the same chap but he could be the right age if this book was written by a young "Nick"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast