Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Receiving packages during COVID19

Article about: Hello all, I would be interested to know how other forum members are getting on in regards to items they have ordered or shipped. I’m currently waiting on a quite expensive helmet which wa

Quote by Kateri View Post
    Let's hope not a banana box given Australia's no import policy.
    Andy I have also experienced really wide variations in postal service.
    As you say UK is still arriving nicely for me,Eastern Europe is no slower than usual.
    Hongkong sent item from a reliable seller took enough time that I assumed shipping could be taken literally.Their fast pre-covid service was really affected.
    I wonder if the Hongkong routing is the problem at the moment?
    Worst experience I've had so far is some East German surplus,coming from Germany which me and the seller cancelled after a month because no reasonably priced options were available for posting at all.
    I know what a relief it will be when you receive your items.
    Looking forward to seeing them here.
    Who was the german seller Mate? I had a similar problem awhile back before this covid crap from this prick

www.nva-uniformen.de

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    See Andy,- incompetence!!! These people!! probably wrote on the customs form it's worth US50,000 bucks too!! so it gets treated nicely in the postal system!!
    Wifey used to work in the postal system in RSA and if marked "fragile" well Union comes to mind - ie sport!!!

I hope your packages all arrive, it was just patience for me. I ordered my a frame from militariaplaza.com and it took just over four months to arrive. At a couple points I completely thought I just lost quite a chunk of change but it did eventually arrive. Hopefully it’s just a waiting game.

Thanks Bodhi. Glad your item arrived. Were you able to track it the whole time or did it go off the radar? I wouldn’t mind if I knew for sure it was sitting in a warehouse but after that last update from USPS...nothing. I had my eye on this helmet for over a year it it’s twice the amount I’ve ever spent on a helmet so I am concerned but will continue trying to be patient.

My item had useless tracking when out of the US it just stated it was in transit for about four months but once it arrived in the US I had better tracking and followed it to my door. My other item that was recent was just sat in a warehouse, I went to my local post office and they gave me the phone number to the place it was sitting and calling them seemed to give them a little kick up their ass.

If the last update on your tracking let’s you know where it’s sitting try and get the number for that place from the post office and see if calling helps.

Really hope that helps, I’m sure it will arrive the usps is pretty terrible but I’ve never had a package just not arrive.

Edit: your not in the US duh... I would expect when something arrives in your country you will be able to get more info and try and purse it a little more. Same thing with the item from Hong Kong it hopefully is just in transit and will make its way to you. I still assume it’s a waiting game.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Thanks Bodhi. Glad your item arrived. Were you able to track it the whole time or did it go off the radar? I wouldn’t mind if I knew for sure it was sitting in a warehouse but after that last update from USPS...nothing. I had my eye on this helmet for over a year it it’s twice the amount I’ve ever spent on a helmet so I am concerned but will continue trying to be patient.
    Hey try tracking via Aust post if you haven't done so already? they USPS UK Post do talk.

?

pelle-007-2008 on Ebay but I had no problems before and he refunded and explained.
    I think he's a good seller .
    Thanks for the warning about the site you showed.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    pelle-007-2008 on Ebay but I had no problems before and he refunded and explained.
    I think he's a good seller .
    Thanks for the warning about the site you showed.
    not seeing that seller?

Dos
    ?

I've waited about 2,5 months to have a package arrive from Russia to the Netherlands. No status updates from the point of being in transit after it left the customs. Two days before arrival it went live thru track and trace again. A package from the US arrived recently in less then 6 days. And still waiting for a package from the US that is in transit for over 2 months now. It did had some difference in price for shipment. I think you are fine Andy. This covid thing just delays it and we need to have some good hope and patience. Make sure to post it when you get it I'm curious!

Dos

Thanks everyone for the replies. I’m feeling a lot better now.

Dos and all, I’ll post an update as soon as I know something.

Thanks again,
    Andy

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast