Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Receiving packages during COVID19

Article about: Hello all, I would be interested to know how other forum members are getting on in regards to items they have ordered or shipped. I’m currently waiting on a quite expensive helmet which wa

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Personaly ,
    Ive completely stopped buying from and or sending anything overseas.
    Too long , too hard , too expensive & too slow , tracking of no use if sent via Sea Mail.
    Cheers Rick
    Fair enough but we have had success had a book arrive from Norway in good time (forgot about that) lucky draw on flights me thinks.

Agree Renee, and not mention that we just don’t have anywhere near the same amount or selection to choose from down here. The two items in question are helmets that I’ve never seen being sold here in Australia previously unless there’s some underground Militaria market I’m unaware of. Most items come within a few weeks to a month which is fine by me.

Yep, got Jan’s book in good time and I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest and passion for the German stahlhelm.

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Agree Renee, and not mention that we just don’t have anywhere near the same amount or selection to choose from down here. The two items in question are helmets that I’ve never seen being sold here in Australia previously unless there’s some underground Militaria market I’m unaware of. Most items come within a few weeks to a month which is fine by me.

Yep, got Jan’s book in good time and I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest and passion for the German stahlhelm.

Andy
    Oh Andy don't ya worry I'm in that underground movement! watch out!!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I sent out a package to the UK today, and one inbound from UK yesterday, let's see what happens?
    For something different I whacked in this--

Okie A Postage Race Between Aust & UK Poll

Sorry Andy for going off your original post! it's tough down here Mexico!!!

Andy - based on the responses here it looks like this often happens so hopefully everything is still good.
    In addition we have the COVID situation and some freight being sent by ship - so this could also cause delay.

Hope, hope all will be good. This helmet is worth the wait

nick

Thanks Nick! Yes, it seems things are all over the place at the moment. I messaged the seller this week and he said if it doesn’t come in the next week he’ll refund me and I can pay the money again if and when it arrives. A very gracious offer indeed. After reading this thread and all of the great responses, I think I’ll message him and say let’s make it two more weeks just to save him the hassle. As you know, I’ve had my eye on this lid for about 12 months so the best outcome for both of us will be if the lid arrives.

Andy

There are some differences between parcel services: Two parcels I received in the last weeks from a (professional) military manufacturer by FedEx only needed about 10 days from the US to me at home in Germany. But it's more expensive.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I just ordered a package from Russia, and I can only take a stab at when it might arrive. it's been shipped, but due to Covid, I think Russia has to quarantine the package, then Europe, and then finally my post office. The tracking number doesn't work, so I asked for the number to be sent again. It's coming from StalingradFront.com, and I do not remember anyone complaining about their shipping before.

MAP
    ?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    I just ordered a package from Russia, and I can only take a stab at when it might arrive. it's been shipped, but due to Covid, I think Russia has to quarantine the package, then Europe, and then finally my post office. The tracking number doesn't work, so I asked for the number to be sent again. It's coming from StalingradFront.com, and I do not remember anyone complaining about their shipping before.
    The bigger issue.....is if the item messed with? StalingradFront doesn't have the best reputation.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    The bigger issue.....is if the item messed with? StalingradFront doesn't have the best reputation.
    Receiving packages during COVID19

This is an M35, found in Königsberg Russia, along with the mess tin. Both look good to me, though the paint just has a funny color to it. I wouldn't worry about it too much, because I think it had a cleaning attempt on it. On the inner rim, the remnants of w.m Sasse can be seen (can't get another picture, I lost it). I think everything is goo, but even on the off chance that the paint is bad, it really didn't cost me a lot, and it's a neat relic anyways.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast