Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Refund for Fake items

Article about: Gentlemen, I wish to update you all on my current predicament regarding the purchase of a large number of German Militaria that has been through the war relic forums and shown to be fake/cop

Default Refund for Fake items

Gentlemen, I wish to update you all on my current predicament regarding the purchase of a large number of German Militaria that has been through the war relic forums and shown to be fake/copies. I wish to advise that the local business that sold a small number of items to me, quickly resolved the issue and gave me a full refund today. This business did not act criminally to attempt to deceive anyone, in fact they were deceived by third party suppliers. I wish to acknowledge their prompt refund after discussing the issues and providing war relics comments to them to peruse. This business acted professionally and ethically and I can only hope the others do the same. Once again, I would like to formally thank all the forum members that assisted me, I am sincerely grateful for your assistance.

We are happy to help if you are able to get some form of refund for some of the items that are not correct!
    Glad to hear that the seller has decided to straighten this out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Good to hear you are making some progress.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Gentlemen, for your kind words of support and patience whilst I underwent the baring of my underbelly to the forum members and explaining the circumstances of how I ended up with so many fake/Frankenstein/fantasy pieces. I sincerely appreciate your ongoing support and a special thanks to Ron Heathcote for putting me in touch with the forum and starting me on this path of redemption. Cheers

Keith

This is great news to hear that the dealer has come through and provided refunds for your items.

It is also unfortunate that the dealer was taken through third party dealers but it appears the dealer did the right thing and refunded you your money.

A valuable lesson to be had by all who wish to pursue collecting Third Reich militaria (and all other high dollar collectible fields for that matter) that it does pay to do research, ask questions and be prepared to accept the harsh reality that one day you may find that one or some of the items in your collection may be reproduction.

@ Keith,,

I have a question regarding the reproductions you have? Does the seller who sold them to you want these items back? These reproductions can still be used as a teaching lesson and should be marked or engraved REPRODUCTION on the backs or somewhere on the decoration itself and then compared with original examples side by side..

It would be unfortunate that these reproductions get recirculated back into the market for another unsuspecting purchaser..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

Good Deal!!

After watching you post multiple items that were deemed bad, I was really starting to feel bad for you.
    I am so glad to hear that one of the dealers made it good.
    Hoping the other Gent will act accordingly.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you gentlemen, for your support and kind words. The local dealer who recently refunded me for the fakes has requested them back, on a buy back status. Therefore, I returned them immediately and was paid out. The main dealer who is currently overseas will be the biggest one to deal with. I have a significant sized collection, as you guys have seen come onto this site. For example, 4 of the numbered General Assault badges 100,75,50 and 25 cost me 10k. The gold party badge was 5k, the golden close combat clasp was 5k- just to name a small number of them. As you can appreciate, this will be a big hit to me financially, if I am not refunded and I used my superannuation fund to pay for them. At the end of the day, I can not ethically on-sell them, I would be equally as bad as the dealer. They will have to be binned if I am not refunded, or can be used by the forum.

I know some may say that I was stupid for not knowing or researching prior to purchasing. However, to answer that, when you are commencing in this collecting hobby you know no-one and the last thing you want to do is talk to strangers about the Third Reich and Adolf Hitler. There is certainly no mentor that is standing over your shoulder giving advice about what to look for, what books to read and where on the internet that you can go for assistance. Ask me now, and I can name a variety of places to get help. Please remember "everything in retrospect is obvious" Cheers brothers

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    These reproductions can still be used as a teaching lesson and should be marked or engraved REPRODUCTION on the backs or somewhere on the decoration itself and then compared with original examples side by side.
    This, a thousand times this. I have always though that companies who produce repros for the re-enactment market etc. should mark their goods in such a way so as not to be easily effaced - assuming they're not produced specifically to deceive. I have seen several expensive fakes I have returned for refunds come back up on auctions mere weeks later, once again advertised as original. I always try and post such zombie items here, but that only reaches so many people.

Unfortunately, we can not force anyone to mark their fakes as "reproductions", as it is their property.
    All we can do is to try to educate as many as we can so they do not fall into this trap like so many others in the past.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

RTH
    ?

Bencejones,
    I am very pleased to hear that you are getting somewhere and are on the way to recouping your money. I wish you the best of luck with the other dealer.

RTH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast