Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.

Article about: I was a rookie on the FD that year. Joined only 4 months prior to 9/11. Many emotions fill our house on this day. My wife is retired from the Sheriffs office and we both responded to the 35W

Default Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.

I was a rookie on the FD that year. Joined only 4 months prior to 9/11. Many emotions fill our house on this day. My wife is retired from the Sheriffs office and we both responded to the 35W bridge collapse many years ago. We have our flag lowered and said a few prayers for those that were lost.
    John

Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.Remembering 9/11 on this side of the pond.

I was at Fire Station 25 East El Paso, Texas running on Medic 25 when the news came in.. That night I was called back to Active Duty and reported to Ft Bliss on 9/12/01 and remained on Active Duty until July 2005 when I was able to retire and return to the El Paso Fire Department..

Rest in Peace 343 and all others we lost in NY, Washington and Pennsylvania and to all our Troops still engaged in America's longest war and for all those we are still losing from Ground Zero Cancer...

Lest We Forget..

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends" John 15:13

Smitty

One of our truck and trailer rigs was used to haul the gear of volunteers
    that headed to NYC to help with the search and rescue effort.

Let us never forget.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Bumping this back to the top on the 21st Anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center, Pentagon and the heroic actions of several of the passengers of flight 93 who sacrificed their lives in order that others may live, who died in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

21 Years. During that time, the United States and many of its Allies were engaged in the Global War on Terrorism which spanned two decades.

In those 21 years since the attacks there have been setbacks and victories, losses and gains, and through all those years past, poignant reminders of dedication, sacrifice, and unending Patriotism.

Not a day goes by in my life that by some chance there is a reminder of 9/11. When I causally look at a digital clock to see what time it is, the red numbers sometimes show 9:11 either in the morning or evening, when I look up to the sky sometimes and see a large jet flying through the air, it reminds me of the days following the attacks when all air travel was grounded and the eerie silence of stepping outdoors not hearing heavy machinery or jet engines, but the quiet calmness of the breeze and birds singing, or the sound of a siren from the fire station just blocks from my house where I was on duty the morning of September 11, answering a phone call from my wife who told me to turn on the TV, and that there was an accident in New York City, not knowing until I saw the second plane hit that it was deliberate and not an accident.. and when the alarm goes off at the station for someone hurt or in distress, I know they dialed 9-1-1, to get help...

These reminders will forever be imbedded in my mind just like the birth of my only son, the wedding anniversary of my wife, birthdays of family and friends, and the loss of family members.

I Pray for the families of those who were never found at the World Trade Center site, and hopefully someday those families will have closure,,,,

I Pray for all those who in the years following the attacks were struck down by cancer and other ailments from the debris field and hazardous work at Ground Zero,,,

I Pray for our Military men and women who answered the call to defend our Nation and all those Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Coastguardsmen and women who lost their lives fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, losing their lives on September 11, on each anniversary year after the attacks,,,

I Pray for my Brothers and Sisters in the Fire, Police and Medical fields, past and present, who risk their lives daily for strangers and never ask anything in return,,,

Lastly, I Pray that those who were born 21 years ago will learn and understand what happened on the day of their birth in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania, and they will embrace that day not only as a reminder of their birth but a reminder of all those lost,,,

Lest We Forget..

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends" John 15:13

Smitty