Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Searching for an early DDR NVA officers tunic

Article about: Gents, If I might paraphrase Marc Anthony in Shakespeares "Julius Caeser" - "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your EYES"! I would like to enlist your help in finding

Default Searching for an early DDR NVA officers tunic

Gents,

If I might paraphrase Marc Anthony in Shakespeares "Julius Caeser" -

"Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your EYES"!

I would like to enlist your help in finding the pattern of NVA officers jacket in the picture below.

I have most of this officers medal and certicate group but not the jacket which I need to allow me to recreate the setup in the picture.

I also have the group of his son (1983 - 86) and have already managed to assemble his uniform which is post #37 here;

Grenztruppen uniform set up

However, the early / mid '60s jacket is proving somewhat elusive.

The jacket alone is what I am seeking but the subject was a Pionere officer so the appropriate Kragenspiegel would be very helpful though not essential.

I am only asking for help to locate a source rather than actually take any action at this point and would be grateful for any "pointers".

It goes without sayig that I would willingly return a favours in securing this item.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Mark
    Searching for an early DDR NVA officers tunic
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

None on eBay de... they are now extremely difficult to find - although I have one to a Panzer officer. If I ever decide to part company with it, I will let you know.