Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Are there Gods for militaria collectors?

Article about: If there is, let them be merciful with me today!

Well, sorry it didn't go your your way. It looks like a significant piece. However, I have absolutely no idea what it is and because of that I would not even look at it if I saw it at a fair. Perhaps you might educate us just in case........

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-30-2020 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Here is a better pic of a Belgian hlmet that was introduced just a few months before WWI.
    With the war they were immediatly abolished, that makes them very rare....
    It is the second one I have seen been offered for sale, the previous went 2500 euro
    I would have more idea with the helmet but it is still a little off the beaten track for me. But, as I say, I am interested in all things militaria!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I'll be back asap.
    The auction is still going on, I might snap something good anyway....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I'll be back asap.
    Good luck... and may God be with you!

TWS
    ?

I'll be back asap.
    I hope you had better luck than I did at the auction this past weekend.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Nope!
    I had a few bits, but nothing spectacular...

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    If there is a God for militaria collectors, I think that sometimes he must think that I am an atheist... because he does not always look down on me too kindly.
    My wife reminded me that I am a atheist...when I started to say I would accept a goddess too, as long as I got what I wanted from the auction!! ;-)

cheers
    |<ris

My wife reminded me that I am a atheist...when I started to say I would accept a goddess too, as long as I got what I wanted from the auction!! ;-)
    Wanting a God AND a Goddess is pure greed... especially as you are a self-confessed non-believer (humanist).

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Well, sorry it didn't go your your way. It looks like a significant piece. However, I have absolutely no idea what it is and because of that I would not even look at it if I saw it at a fair. Perhaps you might educate us just in case........

Regards

Mark
    Hey Mark,

the helmet went 1700 euro ex costs, last one I know of sold for 2500, many years ago in France.
    Like I said those helmets were introduced in 1914 just before the begining of the war.
    The only regiment to get them was the 9 th line infantery regiment.
    Most of the helmets are marked Fonson Brussels, but De Rooster compagny (also in Brussels) was probaly the provider.
    And that event stopped the production right away.
    The fact I wated it so baddly is that I have the original die on wich the crests have been made.
    But not worth that much money to me.
    The die is heavy like hell, one can be seen here in one of my early displays (and a example in plactic, I made from it) and on a time catalogue, I have as well.
    Are there Gods for militaria collectors?Are there Gods for militaria collectors?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are there Gods for militaria collectors?   Are there Gods for militaria collectors?  

Are there Gods for militaria collectors?   Are there Gods for militaria collectors?  

cheers
    |<ris

Here is what I got.
    A late 19 th century doctor's cap serving in the Garde Civique (dad's army).
    And a gala cap for officers uses after WWI during the reign of Albert I (of Belgium!).
    Are there Gods for militaria collectors?Are there Gods for militaria collectors?

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast