Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A tree top fell over my car while driving

Article about: While driving home from work on monday the wind made an old, kinda rotten tree top splinter and drop on my car. I was driving kinda slow, but had no to time to react. I broke my upper cervic

Default A tree top fell over my car while driving

While driving home from work on monday the wind made an old, kinda rotten tree top splinter and drop on my car. I was driving kinda slow, but had no to time to react. I broke my upper cervical vertebra( hope that is translated correct). I got out of hospital yesterday and have to use an neck collar for 12 weeks. Feel lucky just to be alive. Glad i have family and friend, this forum and tothehiltmilitaria. I occassionally visit that site while sipping on some good coffe. Maybe strange, but it makes me feel good.
    Stig
    PS! Sorry, but I could not make the pictures bigger. They`re copied from a local newspaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images A tree top fell over my car while driving  A tree top fell over my car while driving  A tree top fell over my car while driving  A tree top fell over my car while driving 

?

WOW Stig, That could of been a lot worse.
    Glad to hear you are still with us. I wish you a healthy and complete recovery.

So the broken tree in the back ground in the second pic. Is that section on the grass that fell on you and is that where that section broke off from?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you, Phil. Just needed some positive feedback today. Do not feel to good mentally. The trauma after such a happening is not easy to deal with. To both your questions, yes. Some heavy duty wood to drop on a small Toyota Yaris.
    Stig

Stig,
    I am sorry to read of your accident. It looks like it could have been so much worse from looking at the size of the limb. You weretruly fortunate and I’m glad your live, I will be praying for you and for a speedy recovery.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thank you, Marty. I really appreciate that.
    Stig

?

Hi,hope you have a speedy recovery,good thing it didn`t come through the windshield.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

WOW

You are a lucky man indeed. If I had only seen a photo of the vehicle, and not known the whole story; I would assume the driver didn't make it. Happy to know you are alright, and recovering. I wish you the best on your road to recovery!

Best regards- Jarret

Thankfully you did not have any worse injuries Stig. Glad to hear you are on the mend.
    I would consider buying a lottery ticket if they have that in Norway.
    John

Thank you, gentlemen. This means alot to me. Makes me feel better.
    Stig
    PS! The last picture which my youngest brother took after I was hauled away in the ambulance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A tree top fell over my car while driving  

Phew... Now that was just about the closest of all close calls. Take care of yourself in the weeks to come. Hope you'll get better soon and make a full recovery!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast