Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Vietnam War Sub-forum?

Article about: The longest and arguably one of the most divisive military conflict in U.S. (and Australian) history. It’s been over 50 years since the actual ‘hot’ involvement of American and Australian tr

I get what you are suggesting Jb404. At least on the Axis sub-forum there is a "etc." tag which I feel somewhat covers Spanish volunteers and the like. A Spanish Civil War sub forum may be an idea, although it is well away from my own military assemblage.

The allied forum specifically states 'WWII' which I feel potentially restricts what some members share. I know I have hesitated posting VN era items there as I am a bit of a stickler for the labels.

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    how about "Post 1945 conflict" or similar? I hate the expression "catch-all" but it kind of fits here because such a sub-forum could encompass all the so called wars of peace fought by; France (Indo China), Belgium (Africa), The Netherlands (East Indies), Israel/Eygypt/Iran-Iraq/Syria etc (Middle East), Soviet Union (Afghanistan), The UK (we know about those nutters right?), The US (same as UK!) and a host of others I could spend all day listing. This would naturally include Korea, Vietnam and the recent adventures in the "Sandpit".
    A post '45 conflict' sub-forum is a good idea Mark!

Another bonus to this is the mods could see what conflicts outweigh other conflicts in regards to interest and look to potentially create further sub-forums in response.

....so....just saying....if...hypothetically at least.....IF...and only IF...there were loads and loads and loads of posts about Brit Home Front helmets they MIGHT get an entire Sub-Forum for themselves????

?

And who would be a moderator for such forum. Hmmm

"The allied forum specifically states 'WWII' which I feel potentially restricts what some members share. I know I have hesitated posting VN era items there as I am a bit of a stickler for the labels."

I always found this difficult as many wwi items such as medals are there because there is sub section for medals but not in the actual wwi section. It is confusing and some of my collection is both pre wwi and post wwii but where does it go.....this includes Falklands period items which really is booming as a collectors area with prices going through the roof, same for gulf war one.....etc
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

If they do a 'Nam forum I will look for stuff to post. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I have quite a bit of Vietnam Era items to post.. Enough topics and items for a separate forum..

Smitty

G'day All,
    I've given Moderator Walkwolf (Steve) a PM and he wrote he'll throw it out there, so let's see?

I'm hoping others have raised this up with a moderator or two as well?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-05-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: grammer

Quote by composite View Post
    ....so....just saying....if...hypothetically at least.....if...and only if...there were loads and loads and loads of posts about brit home front helmets they might get an entire sub-forum for themselves????
    Make it so No1!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast