Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    or they are trying to milk me!!
    Of course mate, they pretend that they don't but they really do , It's a buyers market .

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

So, Mr. Lockdown himself, Professor Neil Ferguson, (?) has "stepped down".

This scientist, who's research warnings of "dire consequences", if these measures weren't taken.

This was a key reason for the UK lockdown.

The UK Government took on board his findings lock stock & barrel.

Just a pity he didn't follow his own rules.. allowing his "married bit of stuff" to visit him in London..

So, quite obviously he thinks the lockdown rules are not needed for himself, only for the likes of us.

Maybe they are not needed at all?

Do as I say, not as I do!

The Police will not be issuing a £60 fine or doing any investigation..

Now there's a surprise!

.....it's a good job this isn't a PROPER virus...can you imagine Ebola on the loose?

So, now as the so called UK virus has peaked, we will all have to cycle or walk to work..

If you are over weight, your Doctor will tell you to get on a bike...

Billions are being set aside for cycle roots and bike shops??

Recap.. the virus has killed (?) over 30,000 people, mainly older people with preexisting health problems..

The answer is: buy a bike

Yes, all you have to do is buy a bike and ride to work. And ride home.

If you live around 10/20 miles from work, and normally get a train?, well, you will probably collapse on the way to work.

And on your death certificate, it will say: Corona virus got him/her via their bikes.

You couldn't make this stuff up! What about the new saying?

Yep, we have a new saying: The new "normal"! (erm, you've lost me there).

Couldn't they just say the new "changes"?

?

I mean us Scots have no changes to our lockdown for another 3 weeks. That’s probably for the best as we are behind England in terms of the Virus’s effects and all.

That being said I am seeing a lot more people driving about and walking around my village kinda suggesting folk are getting sick of lockdown.

I don't know where you go to find bargain militaria in a pandemic, but I have been exercising some poor judgment on eBay. I may actually be paying fair market value when I have been a bargain shopper all these years.

Being locked up has left me with two burning questions:

1. What does my solicitor do when I am being questioned by the police? I've watched all the UK crime shows on Netflix and they just sit there mute as their clients talk their way into prison.

2. In these shows every bad guy has a firearm except the poor officer who is the star of the show. Who decides who are "armed police"? I was always taught the first rule of a gunfight is have a gun.

?

I know wonder if I did the right thing keeping this stuff ?

Hope I don't have to bust it open and use it the way things are heading.

Attachment 1425896

Attachment 1425897

Quote by Rick W View Post
    I know wonder if I did the right thing keeping this stuff ?

Hope I don't have to bust it open and use it the way things are heading.
    Hahaha, if I never see one of those again it will be too soon!!

I remember when these were first superceded by the DPM types and they appeared on the surplus market (why?) the trendy idiots were actually wearing the tops in night clubs on the bloody dance floor and the sweat/charcoal mix made them look like the Black and White Minstrels

But it was very stylish right?

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    So, now as the so called UK virus has peaked, we will all have to cycle or walk to work..

If you are over weight, your Doctor will tell you to get on a bike...

Billions are being set aside for cycle roots and bike shops??

Recap.. the virus has killed (?) over 30,000 people, mainly older people with preexisting health problems..

The answer is: buy a bike

Yes, all you have to do is buy a bike and ride to work. And ride home.

If you live around 10/20 miles from work, and normally get a train?, well, you will probably collapse on the way to work.

And on your death certificate, it will say: Corona virus got him/her via their bikes.

You couldn't make this stuff up! What about the new saying?

Yep, we have a new saying: The new "normal"! (erm, you've lost me there).

Couldn't they just say the new "changes"?
    I have noticed here in the US in varied stores that none of the bicycles and mountain bikes have been restocked on their racks since all this covid mess happened. Except for the actual Bike stores ..who sell bikes at a higher price..I would want a mountain bike at a reasonable price. There are decent bicycles at these big stores ..or was for a affordable price. $125. ...the Bike stores run as high if not more than $500. ....I would buy a skateboard first before putting out $500 ..or buy a dagger for that price.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast