Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Well, here in Australia we are seeing a SECOND WAVE - we were spared massive infection compared to other countries for a host of reasons - but people are generally self serving and social distancing is considered to be an affront by many to our human rights - and just ignored..... so here we go again.

This is not the forum for opinions so I'll hold my counsel further - suffice to say, watch out world, this aint over yet!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ahh now we Victorians are forced to wear masks!!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ahh now we Victorians are forced to wear masks!!!
    At least it improves your looks matey.....

In Spain everything seems to indicate that the second wave is coming. A very important region that is Catalonia (includes the city of Barcelona) may be confined again.
    Young people are very irresposable and not very supportive The police have paralyzed in a soccer game that had been organized ... between the infected against the uninfected !!!!
    I agree that the difficult times are not over yet. The fate of many of us is that we live in small towns in rural regions.
    Keep everyone safe. Much encouragement to the friends of the USA

I come out of my Government enforced lock-down (incarceration) on August 1st, and from then on I will no longer be deemed as 'at risk'. What an absolute joke! I've already been going out and stretching my legs... but always avoiding contact , I even eventually chanced the odd visit into shops - always wearing a mask of course. But this wasn't so much to protect others from my halitosis - I don't have it - it was more a case of saving them from the severe shock of seeing how handsome and debonair I am behind my mini - niqab.

Covid has affected my life in some unexpected ways... the rear wheel suddenly buckled on my mountain bike the other week after a couple of spokes snapped. At first I thought that this might have been through some (slight) weight gain due to lack of exercise over these past few months, but on checking my trouser belt I saw that I was still using the same hole to fasten it - even if it did feel a little tighter! But back to the broken spokes... It couldn't have been on a worst spot. It was the rear wheel, and on the right side where the gear cassette is. So this meant the removal of the cassette before I could even think of removing the damaged spokes. I had no cassette removing tool, and with my wife Pam firmly against me entering any shop I had to provide her with a list of the parts I needed from the local cycle shop. I wrote out my shopping list ... five spokes - I wanted spares, cassette removing tool, spoke tensioner, wider saddle for my covid induced fatter arse, and a replacement wheel if they couldn't supply the parts. In she went with me parked up outside. No spokes, no cassette removing tool, and no sale of new wheel unless the old one was taken in. We tried four more shops after that, and they were even worst than the first. Of course it was all blamed on covid... no supplies getting through. I eventually got a replacement wheel from the first shop after I went in myself, no questions asked either.

Then Pam decided I should build a new front gate. To date I have tried four timber yards, and not one of them can supply me with five lengths of 6'X4" treated rough cut timber... apparently the supplies are not getting through because of covid. But of course my sufferings (if you can call them that) are of little significance compared to the sufferings of others...

A very dear friend of ours... she was at university with my eldest daughter Michelle, has had a rotten life. She has never known much in the way of happiness. Her father committed suicide when she was very little, and not long afterwards her mother walked out on her, her sister, and her brother and left her gran to bring them up. Her gran passed away while she was at uni and then she got in a relationship with a Muslim who tried to convert her to the faith - and also used to regularly beat her. She finally managed to escape from him and then about two years ago her mother got in touch with her. She was dying of cancer and wanted to see Mary. She came back and Mary nursed her until she passed away about 12 months ago. Then we come to covid 19 and lock-down. Mary's brother has always suffered with depression, but because of lock-down it became worst. He lost his job during the lock-down, and not long after he became unwell with severe pains down his shoulder and arm. He couldn't get to see a doctor, and the only contact was over the phone. He should have been sent for a scan, but because of covid the scanner wasn't being used... no staff to man it. Then on Thursday last week he got in touch with Mary and asked if he could visit. They met up and spent an hour or so together, and before he left he asked Mary for a hug - but she refused because of social distancing rules. On the Friday morning he left home and walked down to Eccles railway station which was just a few minutes away. He told his wife that he wouldn't be long. He went on the platform and stepped in front of the Warrington to Manchester express as it raced through the station. The police called to see his wife and asked for some items of clothing so that they could check for DNA to identify what was left of him. Mary was absolutely distraught when she spoke to my daughter about it. She kept asking her why nothing nice ever happens in her life and why it always seemed to be filled with grief.

Covid is having a terrible impact on peoples every day lives in a variety of ways, and there will probably be more deaths as a consequence of it rather than the actual disease itself. Here in England we went outside once a week at 8.pm and clapped to show our support for our 'wonderful' NHS nurses and doctors. But why? I never wanted to do it, because all the attention is being given to patients with covid. My next door neighbour has had her treatment for lung cancer stopped, and even now it has not been re-started. This is likely to be a death sentence for her. Our very close friend who is suffering from advance Alzheimer's is also neglected, his wife is getting no help whatsoever - and her husband Dave is starting to turn violent. So if the NHS is so wonderful, why have they turned their backs on all those who desperately need their help? During the PPE shortage, many businesses and private individuals rallied around and turned their production lines over to making much needed masks and gowns for the NHS, and how have they been repaid? The NHS no longer requires PPE from them, and in future will be sourcing their supplies from China - the very place that has caused this world-wide problem through their secrecy when the disease first hit them.

A bit of a rant I know, but at times I get very angry with the situation we find ourselves in which has mainly been caused through world-wide government secrecy, government stupidity, and a lack of clear strategy to combat the original failures.

Cheers,
    Steve

Ahh first time in Melbourne's history! CURFEW 20:00 > 05:00 didn't happen during war time! looks like there maybe shortages! oh well!!!! F*&&^%%$##@ing State govt! Ausweis schnell!!! ( I don't like writing german)

Why blame the State Government?...they’re trying to SAVE you.....Id point your blame at the Bat eating Rhino horn-rubbing Pangolin chewing tiger ball swallowing birds nest drinking Sharks fin supping bear bile drinking rat cooking copyright infringing frog eaters who started it all......whoever they are.....

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Why blame the State Government?...they’re trying to SAVE you.....Id point your blame at the Bat eating Rhino horn-rubbing Pangolin chewing tiger ball swallowing birds nest drinking Sharks fin supping bear bile drinking rat cooking copyright infringing frog eaters who started it all......whoever they are.....
    Loved It Ian!!!!!

Same same here. One of my Coworkers got the Rona, He is on 14 days stay away from work.

He doesn't know how he got it, But tested positive for it.

Don't worry guy's, this will all go away once the elections are held here!!

Stay Safe!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Loved It Ian!!!!!

Same same here. One of my Coworkers got the Rona, He is on 14 days stay away from work.

He doesn't know how he got it, But tested positive for it.

Don't worry guy's, this will all go away once the elections are held here!!

Stay Safe!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    "once the elections are held"???
    Aren't they going to be deferred???

I would like to say it is amazing how this has affected members and friends from around the globe. I started this thread just to hear how other folks are coping. Everyone is very Well!
    Questions
    #1 How do most of the sheep believe what we are being told and forced to do? Not a political comment!
    #2 Think about how much has been lost for what we achieved?

I apologize, to some degree, for asking the question but the craziness has to come to an end. Yeah I know it is an election year in the US but I did not figure this would align world wide, which is why I started the thread. I selfishly wanted to hear that everyone is doing great without much change in life. Not True evidently.
    I guess sometimes it is best not to ask the question.
    John

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast