Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Good Luck Sydney NSW and the rest of Ya! Wish you all well! We are in it together!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ride the wave Mate.
    Wifey found a little loophole to avoid the govt queue (direct via a state hospital) and we are due for the 2nd jab on Sat. Then I await the twitch in my system to do what is directed!
    Frikken 2nd dose screwed me Up!! yucky 3 days!! but I got a nice cola lolly pop!

I only had a dead arm for a couple of days....oh and every time I walk past a hardware store all the saucepans fly out the door and stick to me......but we’ve recently change the washing liquid so I think that’s got something to do with it.......

Quote by Composite View Post
    I only had a dead arm for a couple of days....oh and every time I walk past a hardware store all the saucepans fly out the door and stick to me......but we’ve recently change the washing liquid so I think that’s got something to do with it.......
    Jezzus it really got ya!?! saucepans at the hardware store! no wait... I got FM waves in my ears
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-13-2021 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added text

We're heading for another months LD I'll wager.
    Stoopids keep on spreading it!!

We should be like the UK and US - if you have had both jabs, you're free to do as you please.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ahh we'll (Mexico) be on for number 5 LD soon no worries!
    Ha! no. 5 LD is upon us! off to the bottleO!!!

Ha! no. 5 LD is upon us! off to the bottleO!!!
    They just said our current LD is indefinite!!!!
    I'll need an alcohol i.v. at this rate
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    They just said our current LD is indefinite!!!!
    I'll need an alcohol i.v. at this rate
    Nice, living the dream!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    We're heading for another months LD I'll wager.
    Stoopids keep on spreading it!!

We should be like the UK and US - if you have had both jabs, you're free to do as you please.
    Freedom always comes at a price! I've had both my jabs, as has my wife. But being in the 'vulnerable' group means that you still have to take care. Some problems still persist too. You still cannot get an appointment to see your GP face to face, and this recently cost my neighbour his life. He was on medications for a liver condition, and he phoned our GP to get an appointment, but absolutely no chance. He finally managed to get himself admitted to hospital some weeks later, and the following day he died from undiagnosed internal bleeding. My next door neighbour has lung cancer, and she hasn't been able to see her oncologist for four months. So she hasn't a clue how she is doing... she's not even getting any treatment at the moment. My sister was admitted to hospital after falling at home and breaking her hip. While in there she caught Covid twice, and twice she battled back. But she finally succumbed after eventually being moved to a care home in Yorkshire so that she would be nearer her daughter. She moved into the home on a Wednesday afternoon, and my niece went to see her the following day. While my niece was having the rapid Covid test my sister somehow managed to slip out of the bed. My niece was rushed to her side by a staff member, the need for the Covid test was dispensed with. My niece got to hold her mums hand just as she slipped away.

This was a month ago, but it was only yesterday that my sister finally had her funeral. Covid has changed the way they are held, and its bloody horrible. Mourners are in their own bubbles, masks worn, singing of hymns allowed in the church. At the crematorium it was a different story, absolutely no singing allowed - although music could be played. There will be lots more funerals like this - where people mourn their loved one's. But many of the deaths will be caused not through the usual illnesses, but because people could not behave themselves and follow the rules.

Cheers,
    Steve

CBH
    ?

Sorry for your loss Steve, it has been a terrible couple years, and it feels like it’s not close to over. We’ve had zero new cases in Nova Scotia for the last two days but it doesn’t take much to change that. All my best to you and yours.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast