Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Also from me my sincer condolences, Steve!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

MAP
    ?

Sorry for your lose Steve, my mother passed away last year at the height of the Covid pandemic here in the US. We had the same issues with the funeral.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My condolences Steve, as the PM said the other day (nobody with half a brain needed telling) "this pandemic is not over" which it is plain to see for anyone capable of more than one concurrent thought process. I have very strong feelings about how those selfish idiots who think "I don't like it" is justification to ignore the weight of scientific advice. But, those opinions are not for here I suppose.

Best

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

That is very sad news Steve.

Very sorry for your loss.

Andy

Thanks for all the condolences, they are greatly appreciated. My neighbour with the lung cancer has just been told that she has to shield for eight days. The way I see things is that we that have to shield, do the correct thing and take care of ourselves - and at the same time think of the safety of others. Then all the selfish youth - who believe that this virus will not affect them - put us all at risk with their loutish behaviour!

Cheers,
    Steve

Condolences on your loss Steve, and also those of your friends.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry to read Steve.

Just saw an EP of the UK TV show "Pointless" ahh the desperation!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Sorry to read Steve.

Just saw an EP of the UK TV show "Pointless" ahh the desperation!!
    It wasn't all sadness at the funeral, and there was quite an amusing incident at the Crematorium.

It was the usual Covid crap at the crem... masks MUST be worn, music can be played, but absolutely NO singing allowed. The curtains finally drew across my sister's coffin and a few minutes later we started to file out. My wife Pam and I were at the front along with my eldest daughter and my son in law with us being family, and so we were first to file out along with my niece and her family. I never bothered looking to see who was there to pay their respects as we exited the building. We got outside, and we stood around in our respective groups and chatted. Then I caught sight of a very tall man coming out, he had long flowing hair past his shoulders and he was wearing a full length summer dress and rather petite sandals. As he passed me he said: Ever so sorry... wrong funeral'. Then he rushed off towards the car park.

Hi Steve, sorry I have only just read this.

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

I must agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Condolences and Sympathies Steve for you and your family.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast