MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Here in Finland almost everything is now closed, schools, restaurants, bars etc. You can't be anymore with big group, it is limited to 10 persons max. This lockdown is contiue at least to 13.04 and will see after that will this lockdown continue

Jan
    ?

Hi guys,

Well despite the situation here in Finland, borders closed, schools closed, libraries, museums, public swimming pools al closed. Public gatherings of more than 10 people forbidden etc. etc. I would have to say that I´m very proud of our brilliant Prime Minister Sanna Marin for making what seems to be the right but very difficult decisions .

Our daughter was sent home from work yesterday with a sever cough but at least for the time beeing things are ok. Staying home for 14 days as recommended.

Plenty of time to organize the collection, write articles etc.

Take care and protect the elderly,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?  

Last week here in the UK, we had the Cheltenham Gold Cup.. a four day horse racing event..

The attendance was only down 5.5%, (compared to 2019, even though the virus was beginning to spread), to 251,684 people??

As soon as this event finished, every other sport was shut down

This event was attended by members the so called "Royal Family" ().. so obviously there was no threat??

May be I'm a bit cynical, but over 250,000 people attended this event.

Then went home
    , possibly spreading this virus all over the place.

Now everywhere is shutting down, or about to, so what is so special about this event that it stayed open for FOUR DAYS?

Do THEY know some thing we don't, or aren't telling us.?

Some thing is going on, quite odd to say the least..

In my little corner of the US, the cupboard is bare as Mother Hubbard says. Crime is ticking up, but so far the rural areas seem slightly safer.
    My daughter has had her college closed for the rest of the semester, and now we have to move her out on a moment's notice. I am not sure this particular virus warrants this amount of hysteria.
    I have enough beans, bullets and bandages for a while, and hope not to use some of the items.
    Stay aware of your surroundings, wash your hands and stay away from people and be safe. Let's not let some virus catapult us into a tailspin for no good reason other than amped up hysteria.

TWS
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    There had been many problems between citizens and law enforcement units since it started as the french people is far from being the most disciplined people on earth.
    DeGaulle reportedly was quoted once saying “How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?”

But don't take that wrong. Many U.S. citizens are behaving like morons. So far I find the panic buying merely annoying. As a result of normal routine shopping prior to the crisis, we have enough toilet paper and other basic household goods for a little while longer. If the panic buying continues a few weeks more then it will be a real inconvenience.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Hope none of our British members wake up to this. Been thinking of this movie lately for some reason.

YouTube
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

That might be a little bleak. We are close to that now in my hood.
    John

The AVG American does not believe in conspiracies to a large extent. The current evidence of that is the first time gun buyers overwhelming the system of background checks to the point it had to be shut down. Folks returned the next day to do it all over again. Democrat or Republican; Left or Right in our country does not believe the local police are able to protect them. They are not able to protect citizens during a crisis when all is overwhelmed. This is not a made up theory IMHO.
    John

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast