Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Default What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling.
    What is life like in the rest of the EU?
    John

I was hoping no one would post up a thread like this. I'm just trying to see the funny side of this crap!

The funny side, on our side is every store is sold out of toilet paper and paper towel for a respiratory infection. That is like buying all of the facial tissue for a GI problem. I did not say the US was smart. We are in full panic mode. All common ammunition has been sold out and gun sales are extreme. We all need to calm down a bit. I am only teaching now and do not have to work on a rig any more. The front line guys and gals are having a tough time with it. More psychologically than anything else IMHO. The fear of transferring it to one of our elders is real.
    John

Same crap down here minus the guns, only been to the supermarket twice (once up north NSW one here in Melbourne)since it all began as we usually are stoked up anyway. But when we did our usual Sunday morning shopping last week the shelves didn't look good -totally surreal! yep it's stupid crazy hysteria!!! Govt has imposed bans of indoor events for over 100 people etc.. good move the govt is keeping the schools open that's for sure as how could parents look after their kids! nuff from me, this shit is depressing me!

Everything is closed here, restaurants, bars and anything for entertainment and gatherings of 10 or more are done. Take out restuarants and fast food drive through are open but I do not eat at those places Schools closed, universities all closed. The Mall of America is even closed. We are a day away from closing domestic air travel. The bummer is all gun shows for the next two months are cancelled. That is the real story.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Everything is closed here, restaurants, bars and anything for entertainment and gatherings of 10 or more are done. Take out restuarants and fast food drive through are open but I do not eat at those places Schools closed, universities all closed. The Mall of America is even closed. We are a day away from closing domestic air travel. The bummer is all gun shows for the next two months are cancelled. That is the real story.
    John
    Jeeze John Good Luck Mate! hey a funny thing- we ordered a Uber eats delivery the other day and the driver was funnily dressed up in plastic bags and had a good chuckle! funny as Mate! restaurants can still do delivery here.

Nice delivery note from a Asian restaurant (they will struggle) we ordered from.

You may be past the worst of it. It is coming all our way right now as with the normal influenza season. We will be at the peak of this, hopefully in two weeks or so. It is very strange around here. I am 51 and have never experienced anything like it, at least that I can remember. No worries though as I have plenty of food, TP and ammunition.
    John

Remember buy beer. I forgot to do it!!

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast