MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword

Article about: Hi All Been ages again, sorry! trust your all well.... With all the War Horse hype at the moment I thought Ild post this, I came by it some time ago with the intention of "having a pop&

Reg
    ?

Default 1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword

Hi All

Been ages again, sorry! trust your all well....

With all the War Horse hype at the moment I thought Ild post this, I came by it some time ago with the intention of "having a pop" with my Shire, a turnip on a stick and nice day. I've not got round to it yet but come the summer....

Anyway, from the little I know its maker marked "S B & N", with the X to denote some block chopping test and the usual broad arrow and acceptance stamps, I sadly cannot find a date of manufacture on it, Its a red rubber pistol style handle with a faint crown above 2XE and olive painted steel handguard. if anyone can add any more please do...

Hope its of interest.

Best wishes

Reg

P.S, if anyone would like to swap/px this for any interesting deac rifles or buy it please PM me, you will probably save me from an embarassing, turnip and sword related end
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword   1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword  

1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword   1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword  

1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword  

Default Re: 1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword

Quote by Reg View Post
    Hi All

Been ages again, sorry! trust your all well....

With all the War Horse hype at the moment I thought Ild post this, I came by it some time ago with the intention of "having a pop" with my Shire, a turnip on a stick and nice day. I've not got round to it yet but come the summer....

Anyway, from the little I know its maker marked "S B & N", with the X to denote some block chopping test and the usual broad arrow and acceptance stamps, I sadly cannot find a date of manufacture on it, Its a red rubber pistol style handle with a faint crown above 2XE and olive painted steel handguard. if anyone can add any more please do...

Hope its of interest.

Best wishes

Reg

P.S, if anyone would like to swap/px this for any interesting deac rifles or buy it please PM me, you will probably save me from an embarassing, turnip and sword related end
    Nice looking sword, probably the finest cavalry sword ever made, in fact. Ironic it was designed at a time when cavalry was on it's way out.

The maker is Sanderson Brothers and Newbould Ltd of Sheffield, famous for making 1907 Bayonets as well.

Rob

Reg
    ?

Cheers Rob, wondered what it stood for.
    Reg

Quote by Reg View Post
    Cheers Rob, wondered what it stood for.
    Reg
    No problem! Actually they were originally Sanderson & Neubold, the 'Bros.' appearing in the company name somewhere around 1907, and the spelling of Neubold changing during WW1, when Germanic names like that became bad for business. The British royal family adopted 'Windsor' for the same reason; von Saxe-Coburg und Gotha just didn't give the right message I suppose.

Rob

Reg
    ?

Fun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1908 Patern Cavalry Troopers Sword