Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

81st division uniform

Article about: Here is my artillery uniform from the 81st division, whatcha think?

?

Default 81st division uniform

Here is my artillery uniform from the 81st division, whatcha think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 81st division uniform  

81st division uniform
    I think it hurts my neck less this way!
    Seriously though, nice uniform. Thanks for sharing!

?

Haha I agree totally, less painful this way. Thank you.

?

really very nice. looks like you have a heckuva nice collection. thanks for showing.

Very nice uniform! I’ve been wanting to add one of these to my collection soon, they’re very stunning pieces!

?

Thank you everyone, I mostly collect WWII, but I like to have some WWI items also. Gotta find a US issue condiment can now

A tad late would like to add.

Samples were adopted at Camp Sevier South Carolina May 1924 1918 for 156th Artillery Brigade and Ammunition Train.

Then GHQ AEF approved 10-19-18 156th Artillery Brigade and 306th Ammunition Train.

Can we see the collar disks.

thanks for showing

Phill

?

Sure, I’ll get a closer shot posted tomorrow

?

Here are the collar discs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 81st division uniform   81st division uniform  

Interesting

USNA is United States National Army (Organized Reserves) collar disk authorized for enlisted men only July 1917.

Crossed cannons with company letter D date from 1918-1923 period as the regiment were to be on the opposite collar.

During WWI , the use of denoting Rgt within Div., and Bn within Rgt,there would of been a colour scheme placed with in the design , in this case with the wildcatters between the legs .

So one is left finding out Co. D of ..Rgt 156th FA Bde.

The whole issue of collar disks like the rank structures were confusing during and at the end of WWI as there were prescribed ways of issue and then there was such an influx of men and units this whole area became confusing similar to the Beret Flash and ovals of the modern era (from the 60's onwards).

Anyway interesting , could we have a shot of the patch. WWI patches tend to be bigger than there WWII counterpart.

cheers

Phill