MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Abnormal Trench Cap / Gor Blimey

Article about: Came across this interesting cap and was curious as to what others thought/had to say on it due to it's unique nature. What stands out to me is the trench cap style brim but the rest of the

Default Abnormal Trench Cap / Gor Blimey

Came across this interesting cap and was curious as to what others thought/had to say on it due to it's unique nature. What stands out to me is the trench cap style brim but the rest of the hat appears to be a proper for blimey - including the offset colours of the flaps and actual hat. I know pictures aren't ideal but i'll try to get some better ones.

?

Looks like a badly made copy to me, based on these poor photographs (and would probably feel the same if they were great photographs)! I hope you can get some better ones, ST.
    Peaks are quite tricksy to set at just the right angle!

All the best,
    Bob

A particularly bad copy. It may be a film prop as these were around in the early 80s, when I began collecting this stuff. I bought one then believing it was real as I had never seen a real one. The peak on real ones is smaller and plain not stitched, and the lining is blue-grey flannel shirt material with a circular stitching pattern. These features don't automatically make one genuine as the fakers are well aware of their construction, but I have not yet seen a fake that would deceive an experienced collector close up. Unfortunately most novice collectors don't have access to the real thing.

?

I have a near mint Candain issue one, with the original capbadge, look very little like this one, I woiuld past on it