Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian helmet M15 sugestions for improvement

Article about: Greetings to all! I once again ask for your opinion regarding a helmet i got for my collection. I would like to ask if there is something to do so i can improve the look of the helmet, as th

Default Adrian helmet M15 sugestions for improvement

Greetings to all! I once again ask for your opinion regarding a helmet i got for my collection.
    I would like to ask if there is something to do so i can improve the look of the helmet, as the liner is a repro and the paint is post war.
    Should i try to repaint it ? If so where i can find the horizon blue color ?
    Should i try to replace the liner ? What do you recomand?
    Any other suggestions whould be kindly apreciate.

Kindly regards! George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian helmet M15 sugestions for improvement   Adrian helmet M15 sugestions for improvement  

Adrian helmet M15 sugestions for improvement   Adrian helmet M15 sugestions for improvement  

Adrian helmet M15 sugestions for improvement  

Hi Darkone,

I initialy thought it was black but it seems to be dark brown.
    This could fit for a 1930's or WW2 use.

Maybe cleaning it with soap to get it lighter.

The liner is indeed bad but not sure it it is worth investing too much on this one to change it to something it is not.

My suggestion would be to first look at it after a soft cleaning and decide then

Bruno

The liner looks vinyl so even removing it would be an improvement in my opinion.

If your intent is to restore, these are available.....
    1926 French Adrian Helmet liners 6 leaf pattern any size produced. | eBay
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Yes its dark brown. I will clean it whit some soap as you said.

Thx for the advice.

Yes the liner is terrible and i didn't know where to find a proper liner for this helmet.

Should i measure the inside of the helmet or should i order the size 57 as this terrible repro?

Thx in advance!

?

Original liners do occasionally pop up on eBay, but be prepared for a bit of a fight, as lots of people are looking for these..

Afterthought: the additional cost of an original liner may be wasted on this particular example. If it were in its original paintwork, it might reward the expense.
    Perhaps it would be better to save that money, sell this shell on, and wait for a better, more complete and original example..

Whatever you decide to do, the best of luck to you!
    Stay safe,
    Robert

The best is to buy one on French ebay...
    The inside is not correct, idem the paint.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Personally I'd pull out the fake liner and display it as is. Even if the liner you replaced it with was original, it wouldn't be original to the helmet. The best you could do is undo the postwar embellishments, IMO.

Regards, B.B.

Thx all for advices! Cheers.

Don't mind the liner, its good for use to put on a foam head. The helmet, don't touch it, don't repaint it, you'll only make it worse. The paint looks fairly old, wouldn't be surprised if it was repainted by the soldier in ww1. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Its a nice helmet, peace