Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian helmet with strange liner

Article about: Recently aquired this Adrian helmet and I am trying to identify it. I was told it may be a Lippmann model, however I cannot find any others with the strange, rivited leather band inside of t

Default Adrian helmet with strange liner

Recently aquired this Adrian helmet and I am trying to identify it. I was told it may be a Lippmann model, however I cannot find any others with the strange, rivited leather band inside of the helmet. The band and rivits look original and are clearly rivited in palce. I am not sure about the chin strap's originality. Once again, any help would be great. Thanks.Adrian helmet with strange liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian helmet with strange liner   Adrian helmet with strange liner  

Adrian helmet with strange liner  

?

I would say Spanish, the liner band has some similarities to the Spanish three pad liner, Spanish chinstraps also had the embossed tramlines visible on the chinstrap and color.

Post Civil War the Spanish refurbished many of the varied helmets that had been used during the war. The Lippmann was known to be used.

If you have a login for this site hopefully you will see what I mean World War Helmets - Casque Modele 21

Steve.

Thank you

Hello,

Wouldn't it rather be a Mle 16 Italian helmet?

Best

Bruno