MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?

Article about: Hi everyone So couple of days ago, i saw this beauty for sale (unfortunately without the helmet) and i was very interested in buying it, but now im not so sure. It looks fine but after looki

Default Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?

Hi everyone

So couple of days ago, i saw this beauty for sale (unfortunately without the helmet) and i was very interested in buying it, but now im not so sure. It looks fine but after looking at some of the other Adrian helmets with the same kind of plaque, im wondering of this is a fake one, especially because i noticed some people mentioned that some of the plaques were made in 1930, despite the "1914-1918". So i was wondering, is there a way to identify these plagues or is it just hoping for the best?
    I hope you can help

- David

Hi David,
    I think it's good, I have one of these helmets for Veterans, here's the photos for comparison.

Regards
    Roberto

Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?

Here's another for you to compare. This is one in my collection, and as you can see, they sometimes had their names inscribed too.

Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?

Quote by David Poulsen View Post
    Hi everyone

So couple of days ago, i saw this beauty for sale (unfortunately without the helmet) and i was very interested in buying it, but now im not so sure. It looks fine but after looking at some of the other Adrian helmets with the same kind of plaque, im wondering of this is a fake one, especially because i noticed some people mentioned that some of the plaques were made in 1930, despite the "1914-1918". So i was wondering, is there a way to identify these plagues or is it just hoping for the best?
    I hope you can help

- David

They were made after the war to honour those who took part in the conflict which is why they were not made during the war, no one wore one of these wartime, but they were added to stocks of old helmets after the war.

It looks fine, here is the one in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?   Adrian Helmet Veteran plaque: original/fake?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you all for your help, i really appreciate it i'll definitely add it to my collection now.

-David

?

I have a colonial M26 with one of those veteran plaques.
    Could it mean that the owner probably fought in both wars?

Hello,

The plaques on a M26 is unusual. Maybe used by a veterant post WW2?

Concerning these plaques, as mentioned theyr were provided after the war to the veterant or family that requested them. They were sent by post. Personalisation were possible (names...) on the owner 's expense.
    This is part of a campaign were veterant (that didn't kept theirs) or families were able to alsos ask for a helmet as it was representative of the french soldier and the Victory. These helmets were taken from stocks so weren't always matching with the soldier's unit.

Concerning the plaque in themselves, no copie so far. That said, plaques with names are less comon so you may want to be cousious.

Bruno