Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Album De la Guerre 1914-1919

Article about: Hello Everyone I was wondering if anybody else has a set? I got mine from a AEF Vet's family(now related by marriage). Man O man these things are Huge.Leather bound W 12"xL 16" uno

?

Default Album De la Guerre 1914-1919

Hello Everyone
    I was wondering if anybody else has a set?
    I got mine from a AEF Vet's family(now related by marriage). Man O man these things are Huge.Leather bound W 12"xL 16" unopened!!and 2' thick!!. they must weigh 5 pound's each! It takes a hour or so just to look at all the pic's in one
    Its all in french but The pic's in these are fantastic . Pic's i've NEVER seen before. It even has water painting's of all the Generals involved!!! Oh Yeah It has "Blackjack Pershing"

Christine B
    ?

Default Re: Album De la Guerre 1914-1919

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Hello Everyone
    I was wondering if anybody else has a set?
    I got mine from a AEF Vet's family(now related by marriage). Man O man these things are Huge.Leather bound W 12"xL 16" unopened!!and 2' thick!!. they must weigh 5 pound's each! It takes a hour or so just to look at all the pic's in one
    Its all in french but The pic's in these are fantastic . Pic's i've NEVER seen before. It even has water painting's of all the Generals involved!!! Oh Yeah It has "Blackjack Pershing"
    We have just found a set of the above in an old loft of a property we purchased in France. Like you we think they are a really wonderful find and the pictures are amazing. We have also looked on French websites to ascertain their history but could only find they were beng offered for sale.

We would find it hard to part with ours which we brought home with us to England.

Our set are dated 1922 and the others we noticed for sale were later editions.

If you have found out any more about the volumes we would be pleased to hear.

Regards

Christine B
    Lancashire U.K.

Default Re: Album De la Guerre 1914-1919

Are yours a recollection of " le miroir de la guerre"?Like mine are?
    If so,these are the worse example of anti-germanic propaganda i've ever read..
    But the "boches" had the same kind of "feuille de choux" in their country.
    Now remains only the historical interest.