Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your thoughts on authenticity of this Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt I recently picked up. As always, many thanks in advance.

Default Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your thoughts on authenticity of this Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt I recently picked up. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt   Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt  

Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt   Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt  

Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt   Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt  

Authentic buff leather belt, post 1901, as used other ranks by Imperial Volunteer units with full dress uniform.

I agree. Used by all units without a regiment specific locket (clasp) until 1953. The same belt continued in use post '53 with a queens crown and remains in use today particularly in Guards regiments with regimental pattern lockets as per the pic below.

Regards

Mark

Grenadier Guards current belt locket

Assistance with Boer War/WW1 Commonwealth Uniform Belt
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."