Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)

Article about: Hi, I am new to posting on this forum and hope I am in the correct place. I obtained these medals from someone and we are working on a price. I can't tell if they are real or not, as they ar

Default Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)

Hi,
    I am new to posting on this forum and hope I am in the correct place. I obtained these medals from someone and we are working on a price. I can't tell if they are real or not, as they are old, but ribbons look kind of new and they don't match up with things I am seeing on ebay. I want to make the person a fair offer, but want to make sure I am being fair on honest. I beleive that the Romania anti communist medal has the wrong ribbon... But not sure of anything else.

Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)Belgium and Romania medals (real or fake?)

Hello,

you might find some of your medals here;
    Belgian medals
    I have to rework that post asap....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I noticed that you have the Golden order medal. The medal shows the disc suspended by a metal bow that curved and the one on my medals is flat. Would that indicate a copy? or modern remake? Thanks for your feedback. (Nice pages you have)
    Ben

Thank you Ben.
    Not to worry about copy's; they are not copied ! Just different makers.

cheers
    |<ris

IS it allowed to ask values for these medals?

I have seen these medals going for as little as $2-3 on ebay. or as high as $20-30?
    It is very confusing.
    Also. The medal with the black yellow and red ribbon with the rosette. I have seen some with the rivet showing on the back that is specifically mentioned in the auction. Your thoughts on that?
    Ben

I don't do values exactly for the reason you gave; to many factors depend on it!
    But the figures you gave are right!
    The medals withe the Belgian flag are the most common and less sought after, I generally give them for free to customers.

cheers
    |<ris