Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British mk1a rimless Brodie helmet

Article about: I just received my helmet today. I am asking the members opinion if I should remove the matt grey paint from the helmet in the order to show the original paint and hopefully the steel suppli

?

Default British mk1a rimless Brodie helmet

I just received my helmet today. I am asking the members opinion if I should remove the matt grey paint from the helmet in the order to show the original paint and hopefully the steel supplier mark as well as the manufacturers mark.

My question is what would you recommend for the removal of the grey paint if you want to keep the original paint intact?

Thanks British mk1a rimless Brodie helmetBritish mk1a rimless Brodie helmetBritish mk1a rimless Brodie helmetBritish mk1a rimless Brodie helmet

I bought it for 50CAD
    So do I refurbish it with the removal of the grey paint, adding the missing bail, holder and two brass bails, and Replacement Liner,1915 6 Tongued Pattern For The ''Brodies Steel Helmet,War Office Pattern''
    Please share your thoughts.
    Thank you

Ultimately it’s your call.

What I hear is “should I remove the authenticity or should I retain its authenticity”....what are you hoping to achieve?......trying to get a helmet that you haven’t?

As I say, it’s your call.....I’m not a fan of modern day refurbs...but it’s not my helmet.
    Last edited by Composite; 12-11-2019 at 04:22 PM.

?

Thanks for your reply and yes, your point is very important
    Do I remove the authenticity from the helmet by the removal of the grey paint, and If I do that, do I go further and add the missing pieces? I just want to see what the consensus of the the members is. Thanks for your reply and your thoughts.
    Old guy.

P. S.
    I do own a british mk1a with the original paint, chin strap and partially decomposed liner. So I do have an authentic helmet.

I would leave it. That color grey was used by the Canadian 3rd Division. It's common to find them with a unit stencil, so look it over very carefully for traces of one.

?

Thank you very much for your reply and the information you have provided me. I will keep it grey. It does look good next to the other ww1 Brodie I have.British mk1a rimless Brodie helmet