Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Sgt.

Article about: I just bought this MKI and it has the name of a sgt. on the inside rim. His last name appears to be Bossas, Bossos, or Bosses. Can anybody help me with the history behind this man.

Caseydiggz
    ?

Default British Sgt.

I just bought this MKI and it has the name of a sgt. on the inside rim. His last name appears to be Bossas, Bossos, or Bosses. Can anybody help me with the history behind this man.
    Attached Images Attached Images British Sgt.  British Sgt.  British Sgt. 

OKW
    ?

Default Re: British Sgt.

Theres no trace at the U.K national archives on the first world war medal roll, these helmets were also issued to u.s forces up to and including ww2. Judging from where you live it could easily be an American.

Caseydiggz
    ?

Thanks for checking

US verses British WW1 helmets:

How to tell a US helmet from a British helmet: the rim on a Brit made example is overlapped, where as the US version it is butt jointed.

Another feature is the chinstrap hangers: the chinstrap hangers rivets are round and domed each side on US made helmets. British ones are round headed split pins, so the underside will show the two folded over ends of the pin.

Cheers, Ade.

Caseydiggz
    ?

I knew that already :P. It's clearly a british mkI with split pins and an overlapping rim, and I can see where a rubber ring was at one time. The problem is finding out what the owner did during or after the war.

OKW
    ?

Canadian? try checking their records, access is on line, attestation papers are free, or were, anything else you have to pay for now, regards