MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone help me find this WWI soldier?

Article about: I found this photo amongst others of old family members but I haven't a clue how he links to my family: can anyone help me find a little more about him? The writing on the back says his name

?

Default Can anyone help me find this WWI soldier?

I found this photo amongst others of old family members but I haven't a clue how he links to my family: can anyone help me find a little more about him? The writing on the back says his name is Lieut. Martin L. Daniels from the Royal Berkshire regiment, and he died in the Battle of the Somme (or lost his leg...?)

Default Re: Can anyone help me find this WWI soldier?

It does say 'leg', looking at the handwriting there- the 'g' matches up to that in 'regiment'.

Mat

Martin Lester Daniels, 4th Batl. Royal Berkshires.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

How did you find him!? Do you know anything else about him? I've been trying to track him down for months!

More to come...
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok, here we go:

Awarded the:

British War Medal
    Victory Medal
    Silver Wound Badge 1/4/1919

Demobbed 28/3/1919

He applied for his medals on 15/10/1921.

His address was Ravensea, Formby, Lancs.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I still don't understand how you managed to find that out, thank you so much! That's incredibly helpful, hopefully this'll be a starting point to finding out his connection to my family!

And here are the original Medal Card Index documents to him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help me find this WWI soldier?   Can anyone help me find this WWI soldier?  

I can find this as I am a member of Ancestry. Costs me £107 a year.

My other hobby is family history so it is worth it for me. Took my direct bloodline back to 1580.

?

I'm very grateful, this information's helped a great deal; and I'm jealous! I've also really wanted to research my bloodline for years (I was supposed to do so this summer but I never got round to it...). Anyone with an interesting story in your bloodline at all? And, I'm sorry to ask this, only, is it possible to see any of Martin Daniels's relatives?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast