Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap

Article about: edwardian period officers field service cap for the south wales borderers, never seen another in a museum or collection. The cap is blue cloth (which is correct for the period, see army dres

Default Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap

edwardian period officers field service cap for the south wales borderers, never seen another in a museum or collection.

The cap is blue cloth (which is correct for the period, see army dress regulations 1900) with regimental white crown piping and silver plated officers badge, with regimental buttons by Jennens & co (the particular maker mark was used up to 1912) and was made by Silberston, 2 regents place, regents street London. It is lined in leather with velvet edging, and the makers mark is embossed in gold. The makers were ''& son'' by the 1930's.

Also shown it with a WWII period other ranks coloured fs cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap   Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap  

Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap   Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap  

Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap   Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap  

Edwardian south wales borderers officers fs cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice indeed Jerry and that must be a real rarity. Am I right in thinking these were discontinued with the abolition of full dress in 1914?

Probably with the introduction of service dress, c1908, though some would continue to wear them into the great war. And yes, very rare.
    Regards,

Jerry

MAP
    ?

Jerry,

That is a sharp looking cap. Know nothing about these but certainly nice to look at!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice indeed!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks map.

A very uncommon cap to see, any British caps from thos period are rare, and officer caps of this pattern are very rare.

- - ------- - -

Thanks Ade, very pleased to get it
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice find Jerry.

Thanks Paul
    Regards,

Jerry