Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1

Article about: by hawk3370 Rene, Very nice, I don't know a lot of collectors that are up on the French uniforms. I do know that they are seldom seen. This is a very nice condition tunic and I suspect scarc

Cheers Bob, I'm eagerly waiting on what you have Mate! Thank you for your much needed info on this piece.

Here you go Rene'... Originally posted on the forum last year, my 'named' Model 15 with second pattern liner. Named on the veterans plaque to Major Caillard of 48th Artillery regiment. Close examination shows that the plaque has always been with the helmet. Curiously enough, I also have a seven medal group to Corporal Felix Bodin, also of 48th Artillery regiment.

Cheers,
    Steve.

French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1

?

Sorry Rene,
    Forgot to mention the plain cuff, too!
    Another strong indicator for an NCO tunic, rather than the deep turn-back of an Officers’ version.

Love the tunic Rene. Would not mind finding one
    D.

?

Hi Rene,
    I couldn’t decide how to start... chronologically, or as it comes?
    In the end, and in keeping with your thread title, I went with the latter.

Here is my Mle.1914 Veste (1st type) - it was adopted in December 1914, unlined with patch pockets. The second type added a full lining, with internal hip pockets and buttonless flaps.
    A right assortment of buttons on this one, but I was chuffed to nuts to find it pretty cheap!

You will notice several construction details, typical of Other Ranks garments, shared with your own splendid NCO tunic (examples of which could occasionally be found in the field, by the way).

The Mle.1891/1915 Bonnet de Police is dated 1916, but it’s not easy to see. It’s surprisingly difficult to find dated examples of these!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1   French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1  

Last edited by Kohima; 10-20-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Addition

Beautiful jacket !!!!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Fantastic Bob! Thanks for posting the detail on it.

?

You got me all fired up in the Poilu department, Rene!

Jumping backwards to the start of it all, here is a quick ‘assemblage’ of 1914... minus all the clutter that hangs off it, which would take too far long to find and probably pull the mannequin over!

M1884 Kepi (here a private purchase example), Cravate, M1877 Capote (dated 1888 or 1889) and M1867/1893/1897 Pantalons ‘Garance’ (dated 1879, I think - which would make them M1867 - really must cross-check the changes)!

I have to confess to cheating a bit with the belt... had to use the back of an M1903, with buckle borrowed from my M1845 (that wouldn’t fit)!
    The insignia is of my own confection, using original scrap cloth, to stay in keeping with the original unit issue stamp in the Capote.

I really can’t help feeling I’m hijacking your thread, Rene... maybe I should post these things separately?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1   French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1  

French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1   French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1  

Fantastic uniforms!

They must have made quite the target in those red trousers!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast