Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

French Made US Garrison Hat?

Article about: Hello I would like some input as to what kind of hat this is. I know it is from WWI. I was thinking it was French made. However could this be postwar and was it used at reunions and ceremoni

?

Default French Made US Garrison Hat?

Hello
    I would like some input as to what kind of hat this is. I know it is from WWI. I was thinking it was French made. However could this be postwar and was it used at reunions and ceremonies? I will really appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Made US Garrison Hat?   French Made US Garrison Hat?  

French Made US Garrison Hat?  

Default Re: French Made Garrison Hat?

Hello! If it is made by a tailor, you must find the name of the tailor, in the leather for example. During WWII, uniforms were made in Paris and France but with markings such "Chapellerie Parisienne".

German WW11 garrison cap made in Paris...............DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Made US Garrison Hat?   French Made US Garrison Hat?  

This will be a WW1 Veterans cap worn by members of the 28th Inf Div.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I saw this piece for sale. It is for 28th for 107th Field artillery. I think this is a very old reunion piece probably for the 1920s or 1930s still a neat hat
    Sean F