Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

French Uniform

Article about: Its been almost twenty years since I bought the tunic and overcoat which I was told belonged this gentleman's grandfather last name Maizan. I found the kepi just this year which is obviously

?

Default French Uniform

Its been almost twenty years since I bought the tunic and overcoat which I was told belonged this gentleman's grandfather last name Maizan. I found the kepi just this year which is obviously not quite the right year but had I was happy was correct unit. The pants are cavalry which is obviously not correct ether but they are from ww1. French UniformFrench UniformFrench UniformFrench Uniform I don't know why the pictures keep turning 90 degrees.

Incredible display, even if it's not totally correct. I'd love to have something as impressive as this.. Picture's might be turning 90 degrees due to how the phone/camera uploads them. Try opening them in the photos app and rotating them upright yourself before posting. I've made the same mistake before (whups!)

?

The Captain’s tunique and capote are beautiful examples.. I would love to see detailed images of both items.
    Great to have a matching and identified set! I’m quite green with envy.
    Truly lovely.

Very well done and my very best wishes (through tightly clenched teeth),
    Stay safe,
    Bob

Nice, tomarrow I 'll search this soldier !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

It might have been spelt Mazan, I honestly can't remember.

?

There is often a tailor’s label sewn inside an interior pocket of the tunique. These frequently bear the name of the officer and the date of the garment’s completion..
    Always worth a rummage in the pockets!

?

Here you go. If you're using a phone to take pictures you need to download them to a PC or laptop to edit them before you upload them to the forum. If you edit them on the phone before uploading to the forum they seem to stay in the original position

French Uniform

French UniformFrench Uniform

impossible without the first name....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

impossible without the first name....

Hello

Very nice set
    The Kepi is post war. It would be best to put an adrian instead.
    The cavalerie pant is Ok for an officer. The overcoat is already and logicaly cavalery

The gas mask is WW2 for "defense passive" so i would take it off

Best
    Bruno