Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The grim reality of war...

Article about: Gents, With a little bit of downtime I decided to do a bit of sorting and shuffling of my collection and happened upon this interesting piece. Beneath a bit of ephemera I completely had forg

Default The grim reality of war...

Gents,

With a little bit of downtime I decided to do a bit of sorting and shuffling of my collection and happened upon this interesting piece. Beneath a bit of ephemera I completely had forgotten that I purchased this dual picture framed piece showing two brothers who were killed in France. The real sadness occurs when you see superimposed within their respective pictures is a picture of each of the soldier's family. This is small snippet of the many lives lost in the Great War.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The grim reality of war...   The grim reality of war...  

A poignant set of photos Joel.
    Thanks for posting.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph,

Thank you! It definitely was an item I couldn't pass on. It certainly speaks volumes all until its own.