Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help! French medals.

Article about: I need a second opinion about these medals.Do you think they are original or fake ?

Default Help! French medals.

I need a second opinion about these medals.Do you think they are original or fake ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help! French medals.   Help! French medals.  

Help! French medals.   Help! French medals.  

Default re: Help! French medals.

They look good to me, but i am just a newbie.

Default Re: Help! French medals.

they are all origional, and fetching about 42 euro at this very moment on ebay..good luck with your bidding........

The 'medal' with the gold ribbon and green edging is only part of the medal. Below the breast-plate and crossed-cannon should be a circular medal... The Medaille Militaire...

gaetan
    ?

2 are belgian (with the crowns), one is a WWI war cross and the other is, I presume, a WWII war cross; the letters on each of them are the initals of the king; others are french, a WWI war cross, a legion d'honneur and a damaged medaille militaire

What would make you feel that they may be fake? They are right as rain.

?

Quote by vlady93 View Post
    I need a second opinion about these medals.Do you think they are original or fake ?
    The medals look original. The one with 1940 at the rear side is a Greek WW2 3rd Class cross of merit, there is a half of a "1870 Valeur and Discipline" french medal (yellow ribbon). The other 2 is a Belgian Cross of War (WW1) and the respective french one with palm and 3 stars (citations). The last is the order of the legion (french again WW1 era). All look fine to me

Quote by Cretan View Post
    The medals look original. The one with 1940 at the rear side is a Greek WW2 3rd Class cross of merit, there is a half of a "1870 Valeur and Discipline" french medal (yellow ribbon). The other 2 is a Belgian Cross of War (WW1) and the respective french one with palm and 3 stars (citations). The last is the order of the legion (french again WW1 era). All look fine to me
    It is a bit late now, the auction ended sometime in April/May.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway