Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...

Article about: Hi all. I picked up this cap in a lot with some other misc items from the WW1 era. I would like some insight, as well as feedback, from some of the experts in British cloth caps of this era

?

Default I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...

Hi all.

I picked up this cap in a lot with some other misc items from the WW1 era. I would like some insight, as well as feedback, from some of the experts in British cloth caps of this era as to whether or not this may be a cap from the actual HMS Dreadnought, and whether or not it is deemed original. I've researched as much as I can and cannot find this cap anywhere to compare with.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...

?

I can't help, But that is a nice looking Naval cap.
    Known as the fastest battleship of her time,
    But the only success it had in the one battle action it participated in was ,
    " ramming and sinking of German submarine SM U-29, becoming the only battleship confirmed to have sunk a submarine."

I did find this info and there is a pic of crewmen wearing Navy Caps, But its B&W and the caps look to have white tops.
    Maybe this is an officer version??????
    Here is photo and below link it was found.
    I'd like some opinions from the experts on this HMS Dreadnought Navy Cap...

HMS Dreadnought

I hope it turns out to be the real deal.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil! I hope so too! From what I've learned about the HMS Dreadnought, this would be quite a nice cap to own.

?

Thanks for posting the photo Phil. The bow on the ribbon band is in the right spot.

?

Your welcome,
    I like looking at those Oldie but Goodie photo's of Swabbies and those fantastic old war ships.

I did find photo's from other ships of that time when looking at the images of HMS Dreadnought. They were photo's of the crews on the deck and the photo seemed to be taken from above, But the sailors were wearing a dark version of this type of Cap.

So maybe the color is a seasonal or maybe an area of service type of thing.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Perhaps. I do believe there were two colors in many navy uniforms, blue and white. I only hope someone can shed light on this one. I have to imagine someone out there has studied caps of this period but perhaps not.

Wish I could help, certainly the winter type. Tally band looks good to me as these are very difficult to place correctly. But I'm no expert as I only have a RAN cap WW2 made but issued in the 50's to the aircraft carrier HMAS Sydney.

?

Thanks René. When you say the tally band is very difficult to place correctly, what does that mean?

You need training to place it on the cap and have the correct bow knot tied

?

Thanks for clarifying. It’s pretty exciting to think that this may indeed be a genuine winter cap from such a famous battleship. Hopefully more experienced with caps from this era will chime in over the coming days, but it’s good to know you feel the tally is correct based on what you see.