Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian WW1 Ration Heaters

Article about: Hello Gents, Shown here are a photos of WW1 Italian Scaldarancio (ration heaters). Made in the millions by volunteers as far away as Argentina, they were so revered that poems were written a

iac
    ?

Default Italian WW1 Ration Heaters

Hello Gents, Shown here are a photos of WW1 Italian Scaldarancio (ration heaters).
    Made in the millions by volunteers as far away as Argentina, they were so revered that poems were written about them !
    Theye were made of rolled newspaper sheets that were then cut into ~1" sections, and vat soaked in liquid paraffin wax.
    Shown is a photo of rolling instructions, a newspaper photo of the heaters being made, a heater in a stove under a mess kit, and a heater picked up in the mountains. Apparently they were so plentifull, that they can be found dropped like spent cartridge cases.
    Enjoy, IAC
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian WW1 Ration Heaters   Italian WW1 Ration Heaters  

Italian WW1 Ration Heaters   Italian WW1 Ration Heaters  

?

Great piece. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Uber cool. Something I've never seen before
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)