Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more

Article about: Hello everyone, here is my latest acquisition and another true "out of the woodworks". This uniform belonged to Pvt. Leonard Stauss from Elizabeth Illinois. Born in 1891 he was dra

?

Default Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more

Hello everyone, here is my latest acquisition and another true "out of the woodworks".

This uniform belonged to Pvt. Leonard Stauss from Elizabeth Illinois. Born in 1891 he was drafted on October 5th 1917 and placed in comany "L" of the 56th infantry regiment of the 7th infantry division. He would go overseas on September 9th 1918. He saw combat at Perry ridge on the 9th, 10th and 11th of November 1918 where thankfully the war would end. After the war he would get married, and move to Galena Illinois where he would pass away in 1955.

In this grouping was his uniform with his rank, discharge chevron, and division patch, his named helmet with 7th division artwork painted on, his original gas mask and its carrying bag which is also named, his pay book, pants, mess kit, 2 photos of him, one on his wedding day and the other with his family, and lastly the 48 star flag which was used at his funeral.

The seller I acquired this from was his neighbor as a kid, and when he passed away no one in his family wanted any of it so he was allowed to take the items home with him where they were undoubtedly treasured treasured stored well for generations.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more   Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more  

Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more   Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more  

Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more   Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more  

?

Some pics of the vet and rhe display I made for him
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more   Local ww1 veteran grouping. Uniform, helmet, & more  

Dos
    ?

Always love to see these WWI Groupings. You did a great job on the display you made for him! Thank you for sharing,

-Dos

?

Thank you Dos, the display is my favorite one i've made yet. I'm quite proud of this one

Super items! Nice grouping with a story! Well done!

Bravo!!!!! Excellent!!!!! Great grouping I LOVE THE HELMET
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Bravo!!!!! Excellent!!!!! Great grouping I LOVE THE HELMET
    X2! Pretty amazing find. Congrats. I just love the display. Well done!

And yes, I love the helmet too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fantastic set! Summer weight jackets are not too common!

Great grouping and displayed very nice.
    John

Wonderful set and display.
    I love it
    Regards
    Santi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast