Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M15 infantry adrian helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, It's been quite a while since I posted anything but my collection has definitely grown since then. I started to focus more on ww1 militaria now instead of ww2. Here's something

Default M15 infantry adrian helmet

Hi everyone,

It's been quite a while since I posted anything but my collection has definitely grown since then. I started to focus more on ww1 militaria now instead of ww2.

Here's something I just bought: a French infantry helmet shell from ww1. It hasn't arrived yet, the only pictures i have are from the seller. It still has the original blue paint but it was used by the gendarmerie/police after ww1 (black paint) and it was repainted in white afterwards. I'm going to attempt to remove the white paint. I'm not sure what to do with the police overpaint. If it's still in decent shape, I might leave it as it is. Opinions are welcome.

Greetings,
    Last edited by BramVdV1; 04-17-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Photos have been added.

I think I can see the horizon blue under the black on the front visor.

?

An interesting helmet. On the visor you can see the horizon blue color a bit.

A shame that this beautiful helmet was painted white. Personally, I would leave the dark color of the gendarmerie. There are countless M15 Adrian helmets painted horizon blue, the color of the gendarmerie is much rarer. Apart from that, the use by the gendarmerie is also part of its history and enriches the helmet with this chapter.

Best regards
    Wolf