Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

MkI found in the trash

Article about: I got lucky and found this one on the local for sale site here in British Columbia. Looks to have been painted with Canadian Khaki? The liner has been replaced with a thick blue felt liner a

?

Default MkI found in the trash

I got lucky and found this one on the local for sale site here in British Columbia. Looks to have been painted with Canadian Khaki? The liner has been replaced with a thick blue felt liner and the strap has been replaced, I figured $20 Cdn it would be worth it just as a display piece. I talked to the guy and he said he found it in a trash bin I gave him the money, didn't get a good look at it just headed home. Got home looked at it in the light and was pleasantly surprised to find a flash under the paint. All but the last 2 pictures were taken in a light box, the last 2 were outside. If anyone wants more or better pictures feel free to ask.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkI found in the trash   MkI found in the trash  

MkI found in the trash   MkI found in the trash  

MkI found in the trash  
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 06-10-2018 at 02:45 AM. Reason: forgot the flash picture

Interesting find. Looks like it's been refurbished not's so long ago, perhaps as a stage prop.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Interesting find. Looks like it's been refurbished not's so long ago, perhaps as a stage prop.
    I am not sure when it was refurbished but the felt has that old smell you find with old overcoats and over the green paint are the black liner stacking rings you find on Commonwealth helmets (you can see it in the now second last pictures since I added the flash since I forgot it.) and the rivets on the straps are old enough to have almost rusted through. From having it in hand I would agree that the liner and strap could have been added for a prop but I don't think it was done anytime recently. Still happy to have found it.

That looks like a Canadian Machine Gun Corps flash under the paint.