Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet

Article about: I bought this a few years back from the US for my wife and I have been told it is a MKI which has lost it's rim. No sign of any makers markings under the brim and I don't want to take sandpa

Default MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet

I bought this a few years back from the US for my wife and I have been told it is a MKI which has lost it's rim. No sign of any makers markings under the brim and I don't want to take sandpaper to it to try and find it. Sadly missing it's liner, chinstrap and one of the chinstrap lugs and no remaining paint.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet   MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet  

MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet   MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet  

MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet   MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet

Jerry i can see why you are not sure. When I look at the top down photo it looks like a raw edge. But when I look at the photo of the inside I can see a line going around some parts of the edge as if a rim had been pressed onto the edge and has since popped off, maybe from the rust. I agree sandpaper would be a bad idea. Guess the numbers are lost to rust. Those are my simple observations. Nice relic lid either way.

Default Re: MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Jerry i can see why you are not sure. When I look at the top down photo it looks like a raw edge. But when I look at the photo of the inside I can see a line going around some parts of the edge as if a rim had been pressed onto the edge and has since popped off, maybe from the rust. I agree sandpaper would be a bad idea. Guess the numbers are lost to rust. Those are my simple observations. Nice relic lid either way.
    Much the same as I think. A shame that no one else has an opinion to offer, oh well!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.