Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Model 1916 Canadian Forage Cap

Article about: picked up my only soft cap forage visor a little while ago. Well worn but in great shape with a slight tear inside the liner band right at the edge of the visor. No moth nips anywhere. 165 t

?

Default Model 1916 Canadian Forage Cap

picked up my only soft cap forage visor a little while ago. Well worn but in great shape with a slight tear inside the liner band right at the edge of the visor. No moth nips anywhere. 165 th Acadian battalion cap badge is original to the cap with an usual strap configuration straddling the badge....I think I've seen this strap config on a RFC cap. Inside stamp is a broad arrow with W & D on either side and 7 and P above and below. I can't read the manufacturer name but it looks like .....RRIS & Co. or maybe ....BROS. & Co.

thanks for looking,

Cheers, Keith
    Model 1916 Canadian Forage CapModel 1916 Canadian Forage CapModel 1916 Canadian Forage CapModel 1916 Canadian Forage CapModel 1916 Canadian Forage Cap

CBH
    ?

Nice cap , I have a RCA and a 10th Canadians I'll have to post .

?

Thanks Chris. Look forward to your pics.

A nice cap. It is fairly commonly seen in period photos for the chinstrap to be worn in this manner. I have no idea why, a passing fashion I assume.

there are two worn in this manner in this cropped photo post card. Also one in this other post card, both from my collection. I have more, but these two show it was not too uncommon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 1916 Canadian Forage Cap   Model 1916 Canadian Forage Cap  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The cap is British issue and came via the Pimlico depot hence the P marking.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.