Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

More family history unearthed

Article about: Hi all. I recieved some items from my great uncle this weekend as he knows I am interested in military history and wanted me to have them. I am now proud to own the medals of my Great- Great

Default More family history unearthed

Hi all. I recieved some items from my great uncle this weekend as he knows I am interested in military history and wanted me to have them. I am now proud to own the medals of my Great- Great uncle Fred Osborne (photo with hat on) who joined the Essex regt but later transfered to the RAMC. He was wounded on the Somme in 1916 and kept the shell splinter that was removed from his shoulder at No3 Canadian General Hospital. I have taken a couple of pics of the splinter, its very sharp.

I also found out that another great- great uncle, George Osborne, Fred's brother served in B coy, 13th Essex regt ( The West Ham pals "Up the irons!") but was captured and spent the rest of the war in Limburg POW camp in Germany. I have posted a photo of him alongside two POW postcards that he sent to Fred. Im pleased to own these as I have never seen any before.

These are just two out of 6 brothers, so who knows where more research will lead?

Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More family history unearthed   More family history unearthed  

More family history unearthed   More family history unearthed  

Default Re: More family history unearthed

Amazing history

Wish i knew more of my family in World War two, im not sure but i think my Great, grandfather served in the German army in the first world war

Default Re: More family history unearthed

These are very nice groupings - neat to have that piece of shrapnel too...............!

Many times medals and documents get separated and details and/or photos
    of the recipient(s) are lost. It's good to see all of them together.
    Regards,

Steve.