Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My NEW M.1915 Casque Adrian

Article about: Attachment 1479905 Hopefully at least some of you old-timers like me will remember the advertisement for Lay's Potato Chips that featured the line, "Bet you can't eat just one!" So

Default My NEW M.1915 Casque Adrian

Hopefully at least some of you old-timers like me will remember the advertisement for Lay's Potato Chips that featured the line, "Bet you can't eat just one!" Sometimes I feel like my collecting moves in that exact same pattern, this NEW (to me at least) Adrian helmet being only the most recent example. Six weeks ago I bought my first one, which I recently shared here, including before-and-after photos with its new repro insignia and chinstrap and old-but-incorrect lining. Naturally, according to the way things like this seem to work, this weekend when attending my favorite HUGE regional indoor-outdoor flea market I discovered this beauty! As you can see, it's an infantry example and other than paint rubs - likely from being stacked with others - and a tear to one of the "fingers" of the original lining is in about perfect condition, considering its age.

My NEW M.1915 Casque AdrianMy NEW M.1915 Casque AdrianMy NEW M.1915 Casque Adrian
    Last edited by James N; 02-03-2021 at 04:56 PM.

MAP
    ?

James, not sure if it is just me but none of your photos are visible.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

For some reason the site deleted my uploads AFTER I completed, reviewed, and posted the thread; hopefully it won't do it again this time!

?

Love these helmets, and that's' a nice example.

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Very nice. Still waiting to get my first (well i do have a US AFS Adrian).

I marvel at how these compare to a German helmet which are so much more robust and substantive.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice helmet. I have a few of these myself. I love them.

Nice one! you made me pull my one out to play with!

?

Excellent French helmet.
    I have their bayonets ,I have yet to add one of those.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yours looks to be overall in very similar condition to mine - except of course for the "decoration" on top!

I'm just the reverse - the only French bayonet I own is one for a Gras - not really quite WWI vintage; however I seem to be finding German M98/05 "butcher" bayonets without any problem. I now have a half-dozen of them, and the seller of the helmet had yet another butcher blade I decided to pass on for that very reason!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast