Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

P08 Webbing help

Article about: I have these "straps" two of which are dated 1919 but I dont know what they are off. (29 1/2") has a buckle at one end and a hook at the other. I am sure some of you very know

To be honest I've never seen anything like them!

Try posting them on Great War Forum.

I am not sure there is a military connection to these straps. Could be commercial straps that will not ever be known for what.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I am not sure there is a military connection to these straps. Could be commercial straps that will not ever be known for what.
    John
    Got to be military as they have the Broad Arrow stamped on them as well as the maker mark M.E. CO for Mills Equipment Company.

Quote by madtheswine99 View Post
    Got to be military as they have the Broad Arrow stamped on them as well as the maker mark M.E. CO for Mills Equipment Company.
    I did not see the markings in the pics.
    John

Quote by madtheswine99 View Post
    I see you got your answer on GWF... I thought very much on the same lines as being converted straps, but being unsure - having never seen anything remotely like them - I didn't want to commit myself. I'm glad you got a reasonable explanation though.

Cheers,
    Steve

I haven't read the "answer on GWF" but looking at that spilt pin riveting I can't believe that was done by the Mills company. Most likely a field adaption or a post war adaption for transportation purposes.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I haven't read the "answer on GWF" but looking at that spilt pin riveting I can't believe that was done by the Mills company. Most likely a field adaption or a post war adaption for transportation purposes.
    On the GWF they think they are USA straps used on Jeeps for stowing kit, and maybe adapted from Mills webbing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2