Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P08 Webbing help

Article about: I have these "straps" two of which are dated 1919 but I dont know what they are off. (29 1/2") has a buckle at one end and a hook at the other. I am sure some of you very know

Default P08 Webbing help

Need Help. I have these "straps" two of which are dated 1919 but I dont know what they are off. (29 1/2") has a buckle at one end and a hook at the other. I am sure some of you very knowledgeable people out there will know, so what are the two that is dated and the three long undated ones for. Three undated are 43 1/2 & 45" long with the same buckle at one end and just flat on the other.
    P08 Webbing help
    P08 Webbing help
    P08 Webbing help
    P08 Webbing help
    P08 Webbing help
    Last edited by madtheswine99; 04-09-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Wow 46 views and no replies, someone must know what they are!

NO One ???

Hello! Perhaps they ask what's the link between P08 and the web piece.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello! Perhaps they ask what's the link between P08 and the web piece.
    Dont understand what you are saying?

He’s saying that it may not be part of the P08 webbing set so the experts of P08 webbing may not know what it is. I’m sure someone out there has an idea of what it is but it’ll probably take some time for the right person to come along and identify it for you. Just be patient.

There is a very good website which will tell you all you need to know about pattern 1908 webbing. Try looking at 'Karkee Web.' Half the fun of collecting is conducting some research of your own, it really isn't that difficult with the excellent websites that are on the internet.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    There is a very good website which will tell you all you need to know about pattern 1908 webbing. Try looking at 'Karkee Web.' Half the fun of collecting is conducting some research of your own, it really isn't that difficult with the excellent websites that are on the internet.
    Been looking everywhere for this type of strap, and couldn't find it anywhere which is why I tried on here as there are lots of knowledgeable people on here. I do search myself and it is usually as a last resort I post on here for help. I know they are British Military as they have the "crows foot" marking.

?

To me, the friction buckles suggest equipment stowage straps, such as used for fixing gun stores to the carriages, &c. (though most of this period tended to be leather), but I have been unable to confirm anything yet.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Searched the whole of Karkee Web, and nothing. I have been searching all over the web and unable to find anything like these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast