Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlocker

Article about: I bought this at a local estate auction. I bought it thinking it was a WWII footlocker. BUT....the more I look into it I think it is a WWI footlocker. The last patent date on the Oshkosh lab

Default RARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlocker

I bought this at a local estate auction. I bought it thinking it was a WWII footlocker. BUT....the more I look into it I think it is a WWI footlocker. The last patent date on the Oshkosh label is Oct 31, 1916. It is in great shape. It is named with company and other info. The inside tray and inside lining is great. I'm just looking to see 1: is it WWI or WWII? 2: is it a rare trunk? and any other info I can get. Thanks! ATTACH=CONFIG]1107470[/ATTACH]RARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlocker[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]

Bill
    RARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlockerRARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlocker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RARE? Oshkosh Inside BAR LOCKING footlocker  

I remember when I was a boy my father having a trunk very similar to that one. I would think made up until the 1940's.

Thanks for the reply Anderson. I thought it was WWII because it looked like it, but the more I looked at it, the more I questioned myself. Have you ever seen the locking mechanism setup like this? I have seen some Oshkosh trunks from the WWII era and I'm pretty sure they have patent dates in the 1930s and possilby 1940s, but this one stops at 1916. Hopefully more people will give input and we can get more information on this wonderful trunk! thanks