Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

RNAS 'Filter Goggles'

Article about: Hi, I’ve just got a complete set of what are usually called ‘RNAS Filter Goggles’, from a German antiques dealer, who unfortunately had no history with them (I like to think they may h

?

Default RNAS 'Filter Goggles'

Hi, I’ve just got a complete set of what are usually called ‘RNAS Filter Goggles’, from a German antiques dealer, who unfortunately had no history with them (I like to think they may have had a ‘for you Tommy the vor is over’ moment!).

I’d like to do some research on these as there is not much out there, other than probably RNAS, probably experimental, probably 1917...

The set includes the ‘Colour Filters’ booklet. I was wondering if anyone has access to the second booklet sometimes seen, ‘Light Filters’? In the tradition of ‘I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours’ find attached the complete text of the ‘Colour Filters’ booklet. Also a few images of the set itself.

The filters present are no’s - 14H (in un-labeled slots at right of box), 23, 25, 61, 73, 79, 93, 101 and 117 (pale blue, installed in sides of goggles), those installed in the front of the goggles is a second pair of 14H’s.

One thing that can be seen is that the numbering does not follow any obvious pattern i.e. spectrum (red, orange, yellow, green etc.), with blue cropping up in the middle of the numbering.

I’d be interested in knowing if anyone has any other numbered filters? Or any other facts or ideas about these goggle sets.

RNAS 'Filter Goggles'RNAS 'Filter Goggles'RNAS 'Filter Goggles'RNAS 'Filter Goggles'

Gives a new meaning to Rose Coloured Glasses, eh?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "