Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Service in China 1927

Article about: Hi all. I was lucky enough to be given this for xmas. I have never seen items relating to service in China in the 20s before so to my mind this is quite rare. The chap in the photo is wearin

Default Service in China 1927

Hi all. I was lucky enough to be given this for xmas. I have never seen items relating to service in China in the 20s before so to my mind this is quite rare. The chap in the photo is wearing collar badges for the Gloucestershire Regiment, the 2nd battalion of which was stationed outside Shanghai in 1927, so that ties in nicely. I'm not sure what the flag on the lower left hand side is, possibly a Chinese flag of some sort, so will have to do a bit more research on that.

Coincidently, I watched "The Sand Pebbles" with Steve McQueen and Richard Attenborough in a couple of weeks ago, which brought the period to my attention, great film.

Was not sure where to post this, but if one of the mods thinks it would be better in another section then please feel free to move it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Service in China 1927   Service in China 1927  

Very cool find mate, I do like these commemorative pieces.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The flag with 5 bands is Beiyang's flag.

Beiyang government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many thanks to google !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Ah, many thanks, saved me some research