MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Steel Helmet, Mark 1.

Article about: I saw this listing for a Brodie Helmet on eBay, and for some reason, the helmet is painted a strange shade of white. Is there any reason as to why and if 350 dollars Canadian is a good price

Default Steel Helmet, Mark 1.

I saw this listing for a Brodie Helmet on eBay, and for some reason, the helmet is painted a strange shade of white. Is there any reason as to why and if 350 dollars Canadian is a good price? The liner and chinstrap are fully intact. It is just the shade of white I am curious about. Any information?

Steel Helmet, Mark 1.

MAP
    ?

Photos of the interior?

I have no idea on the paint on the helmet and don't actively collect Brodies but CAD 350 sounds awfully expensive? I have a few US Unit flashed Brodie Mark I's with intact liners that cost much less than that.

But wait for the pro's that collect these.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Steel Helmet, Mark 1.

Here's the liner!

MAP
    ?

Nice shape. Really need the pro's to opine on this paint and value.

Still think that is a crazy price.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Usually, these helmets where i'm from can cost up to an arm and a leg if they're C.E.F and/or rimless. So the price isn't that outrageous, i've seen some go for a thousand bucks in similar condition to this.

I don't even own a British Brodie from WW1, and a rimless helmet with the original liner would be very nice. Thanks, MAP!

MAP
    ?

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    Usually, these helmets where i'm from can cost up to an arm and a leg if they're C.E.F and/or rimless. So the price isn't that outrageous, i've seen some go for a thousand bucks in similar condition to this.

I don't even own a British Brodie from WW1, and a rimless helmet with the original liner would be very nice. Thanks, MAP!
    You should ask Mark K or maybe James C. I think they have a handle on these helmets and can give you more information.

$350 is way out of line for that helmet. The paint was probably done well after the war, and the liner is missing the felt pad.

?

In the US some WWI helmets were given to Air Raid Wardens, these were painted white.