Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Torpedo desck top ???

Article about: Had this some time bought as a desk top , but it has makings on well detailed . Blades spin ,? So is it a desk top, as the word keal on it

Default Torpedo desck top ???

Had this some time bought as a desk top , but it has makings on well detailed . Blades spin ,?
    So is it a desk top, as the word kiel on it Torpedo desck top ???Torpedo desck top ???Torpedo desck top ???Torpedo desck top ???Torpedo desck top ???

?

This definitely appears to be a desk model of a torpedo, a paperweight. However, I think it is a German made model from WW2. It must be heavy as the torpedo looks like it is from iron and the base might be polished basalt. The actual model closely resembles a German G7a torpedo with two propellors caged within the fins.
    Kiel was a busy port city for the Kriegsmarine during the war. There were two U-boat pens in Kiel, under the codenames Killian and Konrad. The shipbuilding giant “ Friedrich Krupp Germaniawerft” also had a yard in Kiel. They built 84 U-boats and multiple battleships during WW1 and 131 U-boats during WW2. Because of all these I factors I could see this having been built and owned by someone who worked for Germaniawerft or stationed at one of the boot pens.

I have seen similar models but none have any provenance and I suspect it is because most if not all of these were handmade.
    Last edited by Witt; 06-27-2023 at 03:44 AM.

MAP
    ?

That plastic plaque looks post war. But otherwise a cool item
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

yes it heavy and made of iron or steel . base is i think is marble ??

when i bought this , the lady said she had found it in the tool shed, of he late grandad , when i asked he if he was in ww2 she said he was in the RAF and there was some other bits like A FLYING HAT , .BUT DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE DID, OR WARE HE WAS??